We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December

We are considering going to Marrakech in mid December but I have been put off when I have looked at some weather reviews. It implies it is quite cool and rainy. When I have read reviews on the hotel made in December this does not seem to have been commented on. We do like to do some sunbathing and swimming as well as sight seeing. Would you advise that Dec is not the best time to go?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

Hi LadyB71!

"Nobody can predict the weather"..but should be sunny and cold the mornings and nights..but great luminosity and usually 18 to 24° Celsius in the day times;

At the opposite..a part of being extremely courageous or very used with cold water..you should not have the benefit to swim as more or less all the swimming pools in Marrakech are not heated..and should be very cold..!

Maybe..March should be working much better..(for swimming pools..)!

Cheers ,Oliver.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

If you wish warm and sunny weather in midwinter I respectfully you cross the equator and head for South America, subsaharan Africa or Australasia where it is summer.

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

visited marrakech in december and for me definately no sunbathing too cold and can be rainy closest country that is easy to visit and is nice and sunny would be the gambia.i love a bit of wintersun and am always trying out new places but at this time of the year you have to go a bit further afield.

like oliver suggest wait until spring to get the holiday you are after.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December

We went November last year and no way was it sunbathing weather! We braved bikinis ONE day, in sheltered beach club, but although blue skies and sunny, its def not sunbathing weather. Go for other reasons, not for sunbathing... it was beautiful, but not for beach babes:)

5. Re: Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 21:16