We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEST restaurant ever??

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
BEST restaurant ever??

Ok, if money was no object, which restaurant would you choose to dine in and why?

We have four days in Marrakech, and on one night, would like to dine out spectacularly (am sure we will all four but you know what I mean)

I have had various recommendations, but interested in others opinions.. whats yours and why? Want top food, top service, that "michelin star" feel.

Suggestions???

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

HI there!

Even if bad rated on TA..i love Dar Marjana..!

Touch of class & great food &intimate.

You may try too...the excellent MK.(very well rated..!!)

..or Al Fassia Agdal

..or...Mamounia..maybe more for the kind of "Mythic place" you will encounter( even if i found the rehabilitation a little dark..)than food..which is pricey for sure..but maybe has increase..

And why not a "cool mixed"..?means ,going to Dar Marjana or MK & co and having a drink at the Mamounia..!

And last "Tobsil".

ps:as said.."what could be the best for you(&me..ah ha!!) ..could be the worst for another!"

Cheers! Oliver.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

Here we go again! The everpresent "favourite restaurant question"! (Hi Oliver!) But herein lies the problem. Everyone who has been to Marrakech has their favourite (and I know of two posters at least who haven't been but still have their favourite!) Still, it'll be interesting to see which names crop up this time.

PS I'd give Le Tobsil a vote too, not the top of my purely personal list but good food and good ambience.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

Dar Marjana was one of those mentioned to me. Another was La Foundeuk? Hows that? There just seems so many lovely places, the reviews are numerous, and its difficult to choose. I like your mix Oliver, variety being the spice of life ;-)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

In no particular order (just some of my favourites) are Narwama (medina, French/Asian), Le Comptoir Darna (Hivernage, French/Moroccan/Asian), Le Foundouk (medina, French/Moroccan), Le Marrakchi (Djemma el Fna, mainly Moroccan), Salam Bombay (Guilez) or Les Jardins de Bala (medina) for Indian/Asian cuisine, Dar Zellij (medina, Moroccan), Cafe Arabe (medina, Moroccan/Italian), Le Tangia (medina, Moroccan), Palais Arabe (Djemma el Fna, Moroccan) le Diaffa (medina, Moroccan), and the Kosybar (Mellah, French, Moroccan/Japanese).

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

hi Sunscot !

And again right for the diversity..full of sense!

Dear Pilobolus2011 ..first ,hello honey..i have to say until this precise post..i was thinking our tastes we 're really similar..

...but..i don't have (at all!) the same idea about” good “or “not good “or “best or not best”..that's what is fantastic about human being again..the "perception"!!

i do respect all your fantastic suggestions..but here..something wrong for me honey..

i explain:

1)Narwana..great design..but the food is obviously terrible for the ones who have even only a very slight idea of what is "Thai food"

..and the mixed..with Morocco's here is a total failure..very expensive and poor value..sorry!

2)Comptoir Darna..great place for the most beautiful ballet dancers (when you have the piece of luck to have a good table..).if not ,you cannot see a lot.. but..the food is far away from being good..but again ,good suggestion to have a drink!

3)Marrakchi..that's a “restaurant “honey..that's a point .but who on earth can call this one "best restaurant"..??

It is just a “good location touristic average place with wine”..

4)"les jardins de Bala"..great location ..but for the ones again honey..who have been eating even one time in their own life..a real Indian food..A joke here!!

i would again advice to go to this place for the swimming pool..not for the Indian restaurant..

5)Dar Zelig?? Not my cup of tea..and really not supposed to be best in anyway I’m afraid..

6)Cafe Arabe?? good for a coffee or a drink as the place is lovely..but the gastronomy is (very!!) far away from being top notch!!

7) Tangia..touristic but can be ok with the lambs specially..but far away from being again "best"..don't you think??

8)Palais arabe..diaffa..restaurants..all that is far..far way from being “best”!ah ha!!

9) kosy Bar??..great for a drink and sushis..but expensive and not a "great" restaurant .But a great place to chill out and a very nice views..that's it!

And last..for SunScot..the “Foundouk “is a good place but maybe not my “”favorite best buddy!

So..all in all..

All tastes respectable..& all advices different.&.and all have their own perception of one it "best" or not!

and as said. ."what could be the best for me.. could be the worst for others”!

But without offense..The threat is best restaurant ever??

How such a brilliant and full of taste and precision and with a such huge knowledge about gastronomy(and gluten..) can even one second advice here..Narwana & Marrakchi & Comptoir Darna & Cafe Arabe & Marrakchi(????)

in the category" best restaurants"??

Very surprised!

But again..in any case, all comments sincere are acceptable and we do respect each point of view..even if we don’t agree..

Faithfully ,Oliver.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

Of course I agree with you Oliver! But one person's gastronomy is another one's dog's dinner.

But one thing I do disagree about (and I strongly suspect that neither of us will change position on this!) is that, in my opinion, Dar Marjana is for gluttons, not gourmands.

Now to duck under my dning room table!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,206 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

the best food is what you eat at home. It's time to think about promoting host family dining. It may ne be atmospheric and you may have to give wine a miss but it 's certainly authentic

Failing that riads, in my opining offer a better alternative to the few qood restaurants in Marrakech. Dadas take their time to cook. A couscous in ariad requires2 hours cooking; you go to a restaurant and the ciouscous arrives 15 minutes later!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,256 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

Hi,

I'll throw Dar Moha, al Fassia in Gueliz, la Maison Arabe and Villa Flore into the cooking pot.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

Since we've all mentioned the top places to dine.

How about Hotel Ali's roof top terrace and it's super buffet service. I know it's not the style your after, but certainly keep you happy with open atmosphere of the medina.

Just a thought.

Best : )

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BEST restaurant ever??

Every suggestion..valuable!

Cheers my friend!

Oliver.

PS:i will come back later on..to the interesting and (true..) comment from Truebeliver..who is pointing the right thing to keep in mind about HOME FOOD MADE/versus.."BEST RESTAURANT FOODING" ..

Means..all the interest of the point of view..is to understand clearly that even in the best place..all you command will NOT be "minute maid" and as to be prepared..a more or less long time ago and just warmed..

good to understand about flavors and tastes..

cheers! Oliver.