We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

Hi, I do not like haggling with drivers on arriving at a new destination. CanIi get into Marrekesh city by public transport (bus ) from the airport. Alsoc an I change money at the airport or is it a terrible rate at airport..

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,660 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/…31427448

should help.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

The bus is a good choice if you are a solo traveller (or there are only 2 of you), if there are any more of you then either get a taxi or prebook a driver. The bus costs 20DH and there are many stops across the city.

Taking the bus really depends on which hotel you are staying at, if you are staying in the middle of the old medina then I would advise against taking the airport bus, if you are staying in one of the hotels in Guilez, then it should be ok (send me a message if you want a detailed map of where the airport bus stops around Marrakech).

The exchange rate at the airport is one of the best you will find (I always exchange most of my holiday money at the airport). There is no commission to pay and the rate is quite close across the city (apart from some of the exchange places near to Jemma el Fna). If you have to change your money around the city then try to find one of the main banks where you will always get a good rate.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

I am looking at te Royal decameron Issil & the Kenzi Oasis hotels, can you tell me if the bus stops close to either of these?

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

Thank you so much for this information. I am staying at Riad Barroko at

Bab Doukkala - Derb Zaouia, 26

40000 Marrakech - Maroc

Would it be Ok for me to catch the airport bus or do I have to get a taxi (not that I want to). Hope to hear back soon. Thanks again for the information.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

Nicola - the airport bus (no 19) does not go near to the Royal Decameron Issil Resort or the Kenzi Oasis hotel. If it were me I would pre-arrange an airport transfer before arrival.

Missyperu - as you are staying at a riad in the medina it would be best to arrange a transfer directly with the riad. This will ensure that you are taken to the riad. If you were to take a bus or taxi you would have to make your way from the road to the riad, which may not be easy if you do not know where you are going.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

Thanks for the advice :) Do you have any recommendations while there? We plan to go on the Faim d'Epices cooking, combined with the Oriental Spa. Just wondered if theres any must visit sellers or anything like that? x

East Sussex
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

Hi, We are hoping to stay at 'Diwane' hotel. Can anyone tell me if this is on the main bus route or would a taxi be a better idea, and if so how much should it cost please?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,660 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k488…

From the top questions box.

9. Re: Public transport from airport to Marrekesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 03:16