We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 3 looking for Riad

Chicago
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 3 looking for Riad

My wife, teenage daughter, and I will travel to Marrakech for four nights in March. We are looking for a nice, well-located, and reasonably-priced (not too cheap and not too expensive) place to stay that would accomodate the three of us in one room. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
1. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 November 2011, 23:14
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

The architecture of traditional riads means that rooms tend to be narrow (even if spacious in terms of square metres) and many cannot accommodate two or three beds. As shimmin suggests above adjacent rooms may be your solution - still operating as a family unit but affording a little privacy too.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
409 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

There are riads with suites that can easily accommodate a family of 3 in one room. I could recommend but don't want to name on here, as my post will no doubt be removed, but happy to reply to a PM. Alternatively do some searching yourself online, and you will find one without too much difficulty.

WARWICK
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

We stayed at Riad Barroko (see reviews posted). This riad has a 3 bedded room. 1 double and a single bed. We found it plenty big enough and stayed for 4 nights.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

There was a three bedded room in the Riad Papillon where we stayed this year and the same owners had the Riad Cinnamon where the rooms are suites. I am sure there will be others .

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

Good to hear the situation has changed and you can find rooms to sleep 3. Any more suggestions?

Buckinghamshire, UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

You could try Dar el Souk's Smarine suite of 2 rooms with shared bathroom, which would give you the best of both worlds - sharing, but with some privacy too. The riad is in a perfect location mid-way between the square and the attractions to the south (Saadian tombs, Badi palace, etc). All the top sights are within walking distance. It's a mid-price place which is very good value, in my opinion. We stayed there for 5 nights in October and whilst it wasn't perfect it was clean, nicely decorated, felt very authentic and has English owners, so contacting them beforehand to make the booking was very easy. Madeline, the owner who visits the riad each morning, was wonderfully helpful in arranging restaurant bookings (she'll get you the best table in the house) and giving tips on shopping and sight seeing, which is invaluable if you're staying for just a few nights.

Wherever you decide to stay, I would suggest that location is key on a short visit, and prepare yourself for a very different lifestyle (and level of service) from what we northern europeans and north americans are used to!

Have a great time.

somewhere near...
Level Contributor
223 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

Riad al karama had has suite (paprika) which will accommodate 4 people. Close to medina. 5 Mins walk. Any questions, pm me! Hope you now have a few to look at.

Devon, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

hi just a suggestion. If you go on booking.com you can put how many people you want in a room and it will come up with riads that can accomadate 3 people and also great rates.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family of 3 looking for Riad

Look at Riad Miski - a few rooms with either three beds or a double and a single. Great location and friendly hosts