We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December weather in Marrakech

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
December weather in Marrakech

I've put this here as a future search reference. We stayed at the Riu Palmeraie early December 2011. During the day it was warm or hot and sunbathing between 10am and 4pm was the norm. We got a nice tan. Evenings got chilly. Ladies will need a cardigan. Walking in Marrakech was fine during the day and again was chilly by night. There was a cool breeze coming from the snow covered mountains one day that put a chill in the air but that was once in eleven days. Whilst we did not use the heater in our room, some people may want one so check each hotel in advance. The general weather was hot but not unbearable by day and cool but not freezing by night. The swimming pool was freezing.

Mentioned in this post
Palmeraie Palace
Palmeraie Palace
1,400 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
La Maison Arabe
La Maison Arabe
#5 of 506 hotels in Marrakech
Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
Dar Ayniwen Villa Hotel
#9 of 506 hotels in Marrakech
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad le Clos des Arts
#2 of 506 hotels in Marrakech
colchester
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December weather in Marrakech

Thank you so much for this, I certainly appreciate you going to the effort of posting, and I hope that this type of weather holds for 5 more weeks.

I have a really good web cam link for agadir, but hjave failed to find one for marrakech - does anyone have a link??

Cheers if you do,

Jaycine

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December weather in Marrakech

What the weather is like in any given day/week/month may bear no relation what it will be like the following year. Only statistical averages can give ANY indication of historical weather patterns. If the swimming pool at the hotel was indeed freezing then I assume that you needed to break the ice for a dip? Is that the case, tripper51? In any case this "future search reference" is meaningless.

And sorry, Jaycine, there is no weathercam (as yet) in Marrakech.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December weather in Marrakech

Thank you for this input, it will be helpful for next travellers, informations should be given like the way you did, actually many travellers ask for such experiences but unfortunately what we got here is just scaming.....

so, again thank you and you are welcome to Morocco again.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December weather in Marrakech

jaycine & ayuz. Thanks for the comments. I posted because I done a search and found nothing so next year this will come up for someone.

By helping others they, one day, will help you.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,003 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December weather in Marrakech

Hi,

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293730-i9195-k4870…

From the Top Questions box on the right of the page may be of more help to people.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December weather in Marrakech

Weather in Morocco is varied, it can be sunny and warm, it can be cloudy and cold, it can be raining and miserable. So I'm with Pilobolus on this one--whilst I appreciate your post was wellmeaning, what the weather was for a couple of weeks in December 2011 isn't a great deal of help.

Previous temperatures, previous averages, whatever are no guide. The best advice is that travellers should be prepared for adverse as well as good weather, should take a lightweight windproof and waterproof outer layer, plus lots of other layers that can be combined as necessary.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
7. Re: December weather in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 December 2011, 13:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December weather in Marrakech

I was there for the first week of December and for me the weather was cold and many people were in their coats, as was I. There were some sunny spells duing the day but I did not find it to be sunbathng weather.

Edited: 17 December 2011, 17:00
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,003 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: December weather in Marrakech

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/…37151397

This is why weather predictions are so dodgy. If you read all these posts you will see that two people experienced totally different weather conditions even though they were here at the same time! What it's like this time, this year may bear no relation to what it will be like at the same time next year. Seasonal averages are the only way to go so though "helpful" posts from travellers may seem useful aids they ain't really sadly.

Basically, in the summer expect it to be hot and in the winter cold at night is the best anyone can say.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: December weather in Marrakech

I spent 2 weeks in Agadir in Dec/Jan 05 and around the hotel pool people were sunbathing 5 or 6 hours per day.Being sheltered it was very warm sunshine but whej I tried sunbathing on the beach the breeze was too cold forcomfort.I decided to go as far south as I could afford and because at that time there were no trains travelling south of Agadir I took the 20 hour bus ride to Dakhla quite close to Mauritania.It left Agadir with me and 2 more passengers but after a few stops the bus gradually filled.What I remember most about that long ride was the brilliance of the stars in the night sky.and the amazing number of them and the feeling that you could almost touch them.I was in Dakhla for about 20 minutes before i was trying to get a Grand Taxi back to Agadir.It was the most foreign looking town I'd ever seen.

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco