We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of train station to Medina please?

Essex
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of train station to Medina please?

Just so's I know... Thanks anyone...

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

If you're talking about Marrakech, no train goes to the Medina. <however, there're plenty of taxis. the fare from airport to the MEDINA IS USuALLY AROUND 100 dh or 10 euros

Essex
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

Sorry didn't make myself clear.... We are arriving by train from Tangier to Marrakech and will need a taxi to get us to our Riad in the Medina. Just wondered how much... We are taking a taxi because we don't think we would find the riad otherwise...

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

If you take a small taxi (beige) it's metered. if you take a big taxi, you need to bargain, but whatever you pay, you shouldn't exceed 10 euros

fare from Tangier to Marrakech 1st class costs 288 dh (28 euros) per person

2d class ticket costs 192 ( 19euros ) per person

take care

london
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

A taxi from the train station to the medina in marrakech should be a maximum of 20 Dirhams , 2 euro , if they use a meter less !!. NOT 10 euro which is 100 Dirhams and more than a days wages !!. Please do not push up th e costs in Marrakech any more than necessary !

Calgary
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

phew... thats what i thought

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

Swimmingpaul, I think there was some misunderstanding. When I said pay less than 10 euros I was referring to grand taxis, which are not metered. As for small ones, the beige, they're metered so you pay what the meter reads

We're not inflating prices but most of things in Morocco are a question of bargaining and haggling. You should also bear in mind you pay 50 per cent more in taxis after 8 in the evening. this is legal

London
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

Hi Florams

It seems like I am planning to do your trip in reverse! Would you mind me asking a few questions now that you are experienced!!?

How often do the trains run from Marrakesh to Tangier please? Should I book a couchette (how do I do this via internet)- I am going with my parents and arrive at the airport from London at 19.30. We would be happy to jump straight on a train and wake up in Tangier - is that possible. I have looked on the internet for a timetable but can't seem to find the site. Any help would be brilliant. Also the name of a reasonable Riad in the Medina would be appreciated.

England
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

I came back from Morocco last month and the prices I paid were:

Airport to hotel : 100 Dh

Any local jouney(Hotel to Train Station): 20 Dh (in fes they use the meters in the taxi's, so you just pay the fare it says on the taxi)

Don't be surprised if the taxi stops and picks up other passengers on the way to your destination...

Train to Marrakesh to Fes: 1st class 255 Dh and 2nd class 170 Dh....you are not garanteed a seat in second class, and first class is air-conditioned.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

Hi , I just came back from Morocco this week.In Marrakesh , you can travel in the city by Petit taxi which cost you by meter.However , if you go by Grand taxi the cost will be double.For Petit taxi , the maximum passenger that they can take is 3 persons not more than that.The cost of Petit taxi should not more than 20Dirham.Taxi driver will charge you for your luggages.However , please keep ckecking that the taxi driver turn on the meter.If not , please tell him to turn it on.

The train in Mororocco is quite good for both 1st class and second class. As another person said no reserve seat for 2nd class while the 1st class train , you will sit in the compartment which there are 6 seats in one compartment.

We use the train from Casablanca to Marrakesh and then again from Fes to Rabat. Everything was good.

spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of train station to Medina please?

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling to Marrakesh next week from Spain. I am trying to buy my train ticket online from Tangier to Marrakesh, but I cannot seem to find any website offering this service?

Does anyone know how I would be able to buy my train ticket online?

Thanks,

minixi

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech