We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

lancashire
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

we are staying in marrakech for a week at the end of april but I would like a trip to and an over night stop in Casablanca.Is there a direct train? can't seem to find a Casablanca station on the train web-site? how much would it cost?

Oh and any suggestions for 1 night stay in casablanca?

many thanks xx

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Hi,

Internal flights are only by RAM. It is actually easier to go to Casa via Marrakech if coming from Essaouira.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Agreed. Supratours bus from Essaouira to Marrakech and train from Marrakech to Casablanca. Timetables and prices for both services here:

www.oncf.ma

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

I can advise the train station voyageur required a two hour wait in somewhat of a line to purchase a ticket. I was then told the only train with seats in 1 st class would be in 4 hrs. Lesson was to ensure you buy your ticket at least 24 hrs in advance. ( hotel advised this wasn't necessary.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

I guess you were travelling near to a public holiday. At these times of year the trains are usually very busy.

15. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 12:31
Edited: 28 October 2013, 12:31
Level Contributor
32 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

A lot of people suggest oncf's website - is it juts me or is it only available in French and Arabic?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

If you don't understand French, Google just for 'ONCF', then click on 'translate this page'

MD
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

PARKSIDE336

Your itinerary sounds very much like what we are trying to put together for next September. Would you mind sharing more on the route you followed and means of transportation while there? We are planning 14 days and want to visit Fez, Marrakesh, the desert (Merzouga) and Essaouria. Thanks!

Edited: 16 November 2013, 00:43
Tokoroa
10 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

I will be ending my tour in Marrakesh and spending an extra couple of days there before flying out of Casablanca back to New Zealand at around 2.30pm. Will I have enough time to get a morning train from Marrakesh to Casablanca and out to the airport or would you advise that I travel the day before? How easy is it to get out to the airport? and if I had to take a taxi how much should it cost? can someone tell me a really nice but not expensive place to stay

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: direct train from Marrakech to Casablanca

Here you can look at trains schedule from Marrakech to Casa: oncf.ma/Pages/ResultatsHoraire.aspx…

and on the same station you have to change the train to airport: oncf.ma/Pages/ResultatsHoraire.aspx…