We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

blackburn
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Anyone got an opinion on pro and cons of these two hotels. Enjoyed RT Palmeraie last year but considerable cost saving at RT Gardens. Our priorities are:

Clean.

More for adults than kids - sorry kids but been there - done the Kids Clubs!

We're not fussy eaters, but like decent food/some variety.

Thanks for any opinions.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Not wanting to sound like an alcoholic. Preferred the drinks at the garden than the palmarie .

Better staff at garden we are going back again in June

UK
Level Contributor
538 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

I came back from the Palmeraie yesterday. it was our 2nd visit and i couldnt fault it one bit. I have nothing but praise for the hotel and the staff. I've not stayed at the Gardens but i'm seriously thinking of booking a 3rd time. It is worthy of the Platinum Status.

Laurence

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Why not try a Riad ???? Much more authentic

Greater London...
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

we have stayed at the Palmeraie 3 times but the rising cost means we will give the gardens a try this year. Interesting to see about the staff / drinks being better at the gardens as we thought these were spot on at Palmeraie, especially the staff.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

I have been to a few Riu club hotels in Dominican Republic (North and East Coasts) and also in Playcar Mexico. I like the club hotels as they have a varied and busy entertainment programme.

I am considering either the Palmeraie or the Gardens for a short holiday. I was wondering if these hotels are next to each other? We have no children so it might be worth us booking the Gardens. Can you wander from one to the other using the facilities or do you have to stay in your booked hotel? Are they both all inclusive. For anyone who has stayed in both what are the pros and cons of each.

Thanks for your advice, I would be a first time visitor to Morrocco.

Lorraine

blackburn
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

The hotels are a distance from each other so quite independent. We enjoyed the Palmeraie for our first Morocco holiday last May. Considered booking again this year but settled on the Tikida Gardens primarily on cost. The recent reviews on this site are very reassuring. TG looks more compact than P, especially the pool area but not a deal breaker. Some comments from more negative reviewers make me wonder......do they actually want to experience a foreign country?

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Do any of these rius have optics in the bedrooms other ruis I've been to have.just wondering any info would be appreciated

Thank you

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,665 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

these two do not ang40, and i gather that riu are discontinuing this in other places.

@ the op - there are one or two benefits to booking a 'premier' holiday if you are going with first choice or thomson, such as a greater baggage allowance.

sorry - i haven't been to either - i'm just a really sad person who read the brochures from cover to cover, and researched about 10 riu hotels in huge detail, before deciding on an independant trip to a riad in marrakech....

and to see where they are - try google earth, though the palmeraie is a building-site on there.

whatever you decide - enjoy.

pam

trimdon colliery
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Thank you for that information Pam:-)

GB
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Tikida Gardens or Riu Tikida Palmeraie

I would say the Palmeraie, just back from Gardens, liked it but not to the same standard.

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech