We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech to Agadir

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Marrakech to Agadir

I am looking to go to Morocco, for approximately 7 nights, in July with my girlfriend. We've planned to fly to Marrakech and stay in a riad for two nights and then spend the rest of our nights in agadir. We've been to a travel agent and they've said that they could arrange private travel from Marrakech to agadir , by car, for £500.00 which seems ludicrously expensive. We have done a bit of research online and it seems we could catch a local bus that travels to Agadir from Marrakech. We would like to know how accesible/tourist friendly it would be to catch a bus like this. Do we need to be very familiar with the area to consider an option like this?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,255 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

it's easy and the bus is ver comfy and should cost less than 100 dh per person

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,713 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

Or this because you are flying back from Agadir? You may be disappointed, it's a Spanish Costa-style resort with very little soul. Most people prefer Essaouira.

As truebeliever writes, the bus is easy. But it's a good idea to get a guidebook; Lonely Planet tells you the main bus companies, prices, how long the trip takes, and where to buy tickets/board the bus.

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

Grand taxi sole use transfers are about 800 MAD certainly no more tham1000 even with bits on the end if completed in daylight.

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

The bus is easy, modern and comfortable. You have prebooked seats and it costs considerably less than 500!!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

Agadir may be of interest if you want the bar and club scene at night (at a price) but you can get the bus direct from the bus station in Marrakech to either Essaouira or Agadir.

Ess is far more appealing, relaxing and as authentic a Moroccan town as you will find, also it is very easy to get around as it is quite small within the medina, that's the area within the walled part.

There are 5 or 6 buses per day to either location but best to book tickets a day or two in advance.

Thousands travel by bus each day, usually Supratours but there are other operators,

Edited: 08 March 2012, 17:29
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

Previous replies are all correct, the bus would be useful in such destination.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

Which is precisely why we suggested the bus.

Park City, Utah
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

you can use bus soupra tours

Edited: 08 March 2012, 22:56
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

We travelled from Marrakech to Agadir on a Supratours coach in March 2012 and were very impressed. The new motorway makes the journey about 4 hours (with a 20 min stop half way at a very good service station selling hot/cold meals, snacks, canned drinks with clean European style toilets) - the journey seemed to go quite quickly. The coaches are clean and comfortable (I have been on worse in the UK!) - most services do not have on board toilets. I would suggest buying the ticket a few days in advance since the 10.30 am departure was full (note the tickets have seat numbers on them ("place" in the 1st column) so don't make the same mistake we did of sitting in the wrong seat and then trying to get past every one trying to get on..lol). The coach arrives at Agadir Bus Station but then goes on to a suburb called Inezgane - I think for the main centre where the beach and hotels are it is better to get off at the Bus station then barter with the Taxi drivers to take you to your hotel. The coach fare was 100 DHS (£7.50!!). Would certainly use this service again.

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
182 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marrakech to Agadir

Hi, if you were to get a car (for much less that £500 I am sure!) is there anything en route worth stopping for ? I am just wondering about making the journey part of the experience......

Get answers to your questions about Marrakech