We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We travel to Marrakech very soon!

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
We travel to Marrakech very soon!

Hello all,

Thanks for all your advice with our upcoming trip (departing early Wednesday morning). We are more or less set. I have 2 final requests which I hope someone could help with:

I'm curious about the exchange rate I would get from the UK £ to Euro in Marrakech. Any ideas?

Finally, my wife is hoping to book into a decent spa which also is reasonably priced. Can you recommend any?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Sufyaan

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,399 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

we had a wonderful spa at our riad...how lucky were we??

hopefully, you will have the help of your riad owner, or staff, to help you out. some of the DE from morocco, may know of a local one...

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

Is there any reason you are looking for Euro exchange rates? The Dirham rate we found was very good in the airport.

Thurso, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

I am going to Marrakech 2 weeks on Friday and I cannot wait! All the best with your trip!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

There is no point exchanging GBP (£) to Euros in Marrakech. The current exchange rate is £1 = 13.67dirhams. See "Banks & Money" (top right of screen) for more information.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

For SPA give a check:

Les bains de Marrakech (kashba)

Hammam de La Rose (Dar EL Bacha)

Cheers

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

Another spa idea: Riad & Spa Esprit du Maroc (near the museum in the medina)

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

Thanks all. For those flying out soon, hope you all have a lovely break too!

The question re. Euro was due to the Riad owner requesting payment in Euros. Can I pay in dirhams?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

Hi,

Many owners quote the price in Euros so guests understand the price. If they have asked for payment in cash most will accept Dirhams or Sterling as well as Euros. Clarify this before you arrive.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

Yes that's True, i echo Shimmin,

most business in Marrakech ask for Euro currency at the payment but, if you have dirhams must be acceptable too.

For spas, there is many around check Attractions there is some highly recommended ones you can use but before that yes you have to contact the reviewers there.

10. Re: We travel to Marrakech very soon!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:15