We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to Ouladia

new york
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
driving to Ouladia

is it difficult to drive from Marakesh to Ouladia.

also could we first go to essouria and spend some time there before heading North to Ouladia.

does anyone know what a car might cost? and if it can be rented in Marakesh but returned at the airport in casablanca.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,384 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to Ouladia

"Is it difficult to drive from Marakesh to Ouladia."

no

"car might cost"

not all companies will cheaply do a different drop off, try here for a sample, https://cars.easyjet.com/?lang=GB

Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving to Ouladia

I rented a car from Thrifty for 20 days at the Casa airport and paid the equivalent to $1,000. CAD.

I have rented from a local Moroccan company for around $30 per day--got better service and a better car than with an international company.

In my experience, a local Moroccan companies will bring the car to you, and come to you to pick it up again--but you have to pay extra for the service especially if pick up is in a different city. I recall a $100 price to bring the car to the Casa airport from Rabat. The downside to local companies is that they often have fewer vehicles to choose from and booking ahead is essential.

3. Re: driving to Ouladia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:41