We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do ?

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
What to do ?

I have checked under FAQ's but find no mention of what i need help on really. I have been commenced on liquid Morphine( a controlled substance in the U.K.) for some hip pain I have at the moment. We travel 4 weeks today and am now quite concerned about getting my pain medication into Morocco.

If I have the white prescription slip from my G.P. will this be enough or will I need a letter saying that this has been prescribed for me ?

Many Thanks for any replies.

H

x

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,409 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do ?

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k473…

may help. I'd get a letter from the GP as well just to be on the safe side.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do ?

Thanks Shimmin. I checked this out but obviously missed that post. Much appreciated.

H

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,409 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do ?

Glad to help.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do ?

I have a letter from the doctor detailing my current meds and the condition they are prescbied for. It is in headed paper, signed and stamped. I've never been charged for it (they just do it whilst I'm in for an appointment) but I believe some surgeries do make a charge.

I've never had to use it but it is worth having just for peace of mind. It's not worth the excitement of your holiday being spoiled by worries about your meds.

Have a fantastic time

Norfolk
Level Contributor
121 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do ?

following a DVT I have to take syringes of anti-coagulant and always get a letter from my surgery explaining that i need to carry them in my hand luggage. I have never been challenged either in the UK or abroad and ironically the only query was when i was expecting to be challenged at the luggage scanner and had my letter in my hand ready. the person on the scanner did not pick anything up, but the guard on the metal detector arch asked me to open the letter so that he could check there was nothing in it.

6. Re: What to do ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:15