We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency...

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Currency...

Is it best to arrive with US dollars or Euros at the moment?

Anyone any idea on which would be the best rate and also the most desired?

Thanks

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency...

As you are from the UK I would suggest that you bring sterling and change it to dirhams on arrival. Locals will want to be paid in dirhams. If you pay for purchases in any other currency it is likely that you will be charged more.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency...

Hi,

The "Banks & Money" multi-authored article in the Top Questions box on the right should answer any further questions.

Edited: 11 June 2012, 17:49
Bournemouth, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency...

Thanks. Yes I already read that link and I have been to Marrakech before so I understand the need to change cash into dirhams etc and what the shop keepers need.

I was more interested in whether there was a preference at the moment between USD and Euros - or GBP sterling for that matter.

If all are equally well rated for currency conversion at present, then it doesn't matter which I suppose

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency...

every time you change money, you pay for the privilege. why change more often than you have to? take sterling or use atm.

pam

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency...

There should be no preference at all on the type of currency and you should only ever pay in Dirhams for services.

6. Re: Currency...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:40