We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

british airways flight - food

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
british airways flight - food

hi!

has anyone flown b.a. lgw/rak, in the last few weeks? i have searched on their website and cannot find out what, if anything, they serve in the way of food in economy. the flight takes of at lunch time. the website says 'food or snack apropriate to the time of day'. but i have seen many reviews of the european service complaining that this was a tiny bag of pretzels.

we will be travelling for twelve hours or more, door to door, so i need to plan...

can anyone help? thanks in advance..

pam

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: british airways flight - food

12 hours is a long time, factor is some possible delays, getting stuck at Marrakech airport (passport control), then getting to your accommodation in Marrakech, I would take some snacks with you (just in case you get something you dont like on the flight).

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
155 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: british airways flight - food

Hi Pam,

I used this flight a few times a few months ago, and the meal I received flying economy was the same every time - a cheese and pickle wrap (very nice), a small boxed salad with couscous in it, and a slice of Genoa cake with tea/coffee or soft drink and wine. It was just enough really to get by on, and you can always buy extra crisps/chocolate etc if you want to bolster the meal up. I would think the menu is pretty much the same now.

Alternatively, my hubby and I sometimes buy a Boots Meal Deal or similar en route - much cheaper than airport prices.

Hope this helps.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: british airways flight - food

thank you both for your replies. i appreciate it!

pam

4. Re: british airways flight - food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:15