We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marrakech to agadir

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
marrakech to agadir

Staying at the al medina marakech 4 nights on to agadir sofitel for 8 nights, and ideas how to travel between the two .Would a taxi be silly money, if coach how long does it take and price. really grateful of any help. Norma

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marrakech to agadir

If there's only one person travelling, the grand taxi may be a little more expensive ( 80-90 euros)

there are some good buses that leave from Marrakech to Agadir every 1 or 2 hours and are usually much cheaper less than 10 euros. They drive real crazy and may cover the 250 kilometer distance in 3 hours and half

The choice is yours. Should you need further help feel free to ask

regards

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marrakech to agadir

thank you for replying there are 3 of us,so does that make it a little cheaper or is the bus the best option. also very interested in day trips around marakech,thank you for being so helpful. norma

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marrakech to agadir

Obviously the bus is cheaper. But if you prize your intimacy and like to drive at your ease with as many stops on the way as possible, I suggest you hire a mini bus for the price of a grand taxi, which is usually 90 euros.

As for the trips from Marrakech, I usually recommend two

1- Oureaka Valley which is just 46 kilometers from marrakech . It's an easy ride in the mountain . It's a river, lush vegetation and waterfall--all in one. the price for 3 in amini bus is 60 euros or 50 euros in a grand taxi. Again I prefer a mini bus because it's more comfortable and offers better angles for photos.

2- Marrakech -Esaouira. One day trip; departure 7 am; return to Marrakech 7 pm

Essaouira is a charming and mythical city on the Atlantic . It' s the best place for fish, Argan oil, wood, gnawa music and naive art. People usually enjoy their trip there

need furher help feel free to ask

regards

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marrakech to agadir

once again thanks for your help. Mini Bus sounds great, are you able to give name of company you would recommend that would speak english and also be knowledgabel of historia etc.. Also any ideas on day trips from agadir my email address is ncharber@hotmail.com.cant thank you enough for trying to help us make the most of our holiday. norma

London
Level Contributor
145 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marrakech to agadir

Supratours have an air conditioned bus that travels from Marrakech to Agadir. They are situated next to the trains station in Marrakech. I'm not sure how much it would cost (but approx 60 dirhams each + 5 dirhams for each large suitcase) and I think there are 3 buses a day but I'm sure it is the most economical and comfortable way.

It is not necessary to book anything before you arrive.

We travelled from Agadir airport to Marrakech by taxi which cost 900 dirhams (£60). It took just over 3 hours without stopping on route. I think the bus would take approx 4 hours.

london
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marrakech to agadir

thank you for your reply, I have just enjoyed reading all you r questions and answers before you travelled to morocco. If you think of anything else we (Husband Wife and daughter of 25, who loves to travel and never misses a free holiday) would like please email ncharber@hotmail.com, much appreciated. Norma