We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

kent
Level Contributor
156 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

hi . would like to stop in nice riad but want pool ,as like a dip after day out ,any reccomendations please.atlas mountain erea.

also if possible one that you can send taxi to marrakech to pick u up.of course extra cost,but would probaly be more reliable and less costly than just getting one from hotel base in marrakech

thanks tina

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,702 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

Dars are traditional Moroccan homes found in medinas (ancient town centres) build around a central courtyard. Riads are the same but with fruit trees and a fountain in the courtyard. You may find places outside Marrakech and its medina that call themselves a riad, but they probably won't be.

Places high up in the mountains rarely have pools, lower altitude places are a better bet. Have a look at the reviews of accommodation in the Ouirgane area.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g494925-Ouirgane_Ma…

kent
Level Contributor
156 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

thanks for advice ,what do you think rough cost of taxi would be !

tina

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,702 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

Depends where you are going and whether you are using a shared taxi from the taxi stands in Marrakech or having someone pick you up in an upmarket vehicle with no other passengers.

A seat in a shared taxi from Marrakech to Asni costs around 30dh, so assuming you took all four seats in the rear between two people, that would be 120dh. Another 20dh/seat to get from Asni to Imlil. Probably the same for Asni to Ouirgane.

An upmarket transfer could be 700dh or even more for the whole vehicle each way.

Miami
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

There are some places with a pool as Kasbah Tamadot (Richard Branson's) or Le maquis in Ourika valley

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

Take a look at Kasbah Angour - lovely place, great views, large swimming pool. They will also send a car to pick you up from Marrakech on request. I've been several times for lunch but haven't stayed there.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g2626640-d209…

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

I would suggest Kasbah Angour - stunning surroundings beatiful pool - approx 45 mins from the cty by taxi which they can organise for you and it cost us £16 each way - check out their website

kent
Level Contributor
156 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

thanks for advice have looked at kasbah angour ,looks what i am looking for on there web site ,meals and taxi tranfers look a fair price will book this one!

tina

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

Hi Tina,

I go to Morocco 2-3 times a year as I'm a travel agent and my favourite place in the whole of Morocco is Kasbah Bab Ourika www.kasbahbabourika.com in the Atlas mountains, it's a wonderful property in a simply stunning location.

Take a look! Anyway have a fantastic trip and it there is anything else you need advice on please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

James

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

Hi again,

I've been to both Bab Ourika and Kasbah Angour for meals and I must say I much prefer Kasbah Angour. I found Bab Ourika to be a bit pretentious and certainly more expensive than Kasbah Angour. If you prefer a more 'down to earth' approach, then Kasbah Angour certainly wins. The surroundings are every bit as beautiful, some would say more so, and the views of the mountains are spectacular. Enjoy!

10. Re: riad with pool atlas mountains advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech