We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

Hi,

In a couple of days we will be arriving into Marrakech. We arrive at about 8pm. We are staying a little out of town, the reviews say it takes 10-15minutes in a taxi. On the first evening, we'll probably get a taxi to go into the city, looking for a nice place to eat. I've been looking through the guide book but it doesn't say whether or not the restaurants serve alcohol. I'm not too bothered about having a drink, but other people who I will be travelling with like to have drinks on holiday.

So, could anyone suggest an easily accessible restaurant, that we would be able to find easy in a taxi (so not one that is in a pedestrianised area which involves a lot of looking around for it in the dark), where we could just give the address to our taxi driver and he'll know how to find it? So our criteria are:

-not too expensive, so mid-price range,

-serves alcohol,

-easy to find,

-you recommend it, and it's nice.

I only ask as it will be our first night and we wont have had a chance to explore and find our way around.

Thanks

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

Will you be wanting a full 4/5 course meal lasting a couple of hours or do you just want something quick and simple so you can get to bed early after travelling?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

Well I don't think I could ever eat a 4 or 5 course meal! But yeah we'd like a full meal. I don't expect us to be tired so no need for something quick and simple....

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

Where are you staying?...there might be a nice restaurant nearby.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

This is where we're staying:

Quartier Targa, Douar Sidi Daou | Propriete Koalal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco

Merzouga, Morocco
Level Contributor
233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

Restaurant recommendations are fairly personal, a little like art appreciation and based on taste. And whilst I’ve eaten some great meals in Marrakech restaurants I’ve also earned that my taste is completely different to others.

I’ve seen some great personal recommendations from Marrakech regulars and the restaurant section is also full of great choices. If you become stuck for choice perhaps have a look at the restaurant section and send some attractive choices your question list.

With regard ‘easy to find’, some good restaurants will organise a representative to meet you and guide you a short walk to the restaurant, making the experience all the more fun.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

In the Targa area there are a number of local cafes serving the same types of snack food. You may want to look at restaurants in the Gueliz area that are easy to find and provide a wider choice of food. I would book a table at Catanzaro but other people would have other preferences.

7. Re: Could anyone suggest a restaurant for our first night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:17