We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Fun Club

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aqua Fun Club

Hi

We are off to Marrakech for our third visit in October. This time we are staying further out please has anyone been to the Aqua Fun Club and can they advise on what the best rooms are when you get there. I have heard bad stories so would like to get it right before we go. Thanks in advance for your help.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Fun Club

Have you looked at the hotel reviews?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,823 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Fun Club

"I have heard bad stories"

Interesting... where did you hear these?

Edited: 29 August 2012, 22:21
Merzouga, Morocco
Level Contributor
233 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Fun Club

The TA hotel reviews are probably the best information source. Unless perhaps you know someone who has visited and you have confidence in their judgement.

The Aqua Fun Club attracts a diverse clientele with hugely differing tastes,, behaviour, expectations.and differing views of what 'makes' a holiday.

Initially the reviews were great, quickly turning to very poor with comments some emphasising lack of safety, turning steadily to positive reviews.

I've stayed there a few times with youngsters of varying ages, for me it is as you'd expect. It's not my preference, but my children all thoroughly enjoyed it.

4. Re: Aqua Fun Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 September 2012, 02:35
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aqua Fun Club

exactly who do you think you are talking to? this is a public forum. anyone can answer!

the advice on this forum is free. some of it will be worth exactly what you have paid for it.

take what you want, and leave the rest.

pam

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aqua Fun Club

Hi,

"is there a room you could recommend" in a hotel with 220 rooms? Not many folk will have experience of more than one unless they were moved due to a problem. Have a look at the reviews and maybe send a message to a couple of reviewers with specific questions about what you want. As the majority of reviews of this hotel are posted by people with only the one TA entry I'd suggest only writing to people who have several reviews and posts to their name as this would suggest they use TA a bit more regularly than the others.

I apologise for offering my small piece of advice even though I haven't stayed there.

Edited: 01 September 2012, 22:44
7. Re: Aqua Fun Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 September 2012, 09:05
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,576 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aqua Fun Club

Don't take it personally but.....

People who are new are advised to read the topic at the head of the forum posts, that's the one marked "Marrakech Forum (or any other forum): Read this first: Welcome to the Marrakech forum".

This gives helpful hints on how to find answers for yourself. If you are still in the dark then you are always welcome to ask specific questions.

Some DE's, me included, do lose it a bit as we get the impression that people can't be bothered to try to find answers for themselves.

You may no longer be on TA (although your account appears to still be active) but I will give some response.

You take whatever room is offered through a booking agent (high street or internet) and turn up at the hotel. You look at the room offered and if you are happy all is good. If you are not happy you may ask the concierge or anyone else what other rooms are available. For about £60 extra per week you could actually get a suite with two or more rooms, better views, more facilities in the room etc.

I've turned up at hotels and not been happy with the room offered and had an upgrade. I'm sure the staff took the money for himself (or to share out) as the guy insisted on cash to be paid in the room rather than at the desk.

To finish off - every hotel in every country will have good and bad reviews. Some people are very hard to please and will write a bad review because there soup was cold or a dog was barking all night. You can't please all the people all the time etc...

ps - you could read the reviews for the hotel and send messages to the authors with specific questions, this usually works quite well.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 22:58
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aqua Fun Club

Hi,

I would suggest that people have only been trying to help you get the best out of the TA forum. Lots of people have taken the time to post about their experiences and their posts could be exactly what you want to know. It seems a bit rude to me actually not to make use of what many people have taken the time to send in hoping to be of help to others.

If you can't find an answer to a specific question then lots of people will be willing to go out of their way (looking up maps, making phone calls, contacting Riads or hotels for example) to help find an answer for anyone who finds themself stuck.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aqua Fun Club

I'm sure people could probably advise on which rooms are nearest the pool or restaurant etc but a question about the "best" rooms is impossible to answer, as that is purely personal choice.

Do you mean which rooms are quietest or biggest or nearest to the bar? One man's meat is another man's poison ;-)

Perhaps sending a private message to somebody who has already stayed there and reviewed the hotel would be the best course of action, as they will be able to give specific details to help you decide.