We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

Okay, this is a long shot but I'm slowly driving myself round the bend here.

A while ago, I came across a riad with a really unusual website. It had a 360 degree facility where you could use the mouse to move around the rooms and see them from every angle.

The main courtyard had lots of dark wood and a pair of large wooden doors that led into the dining area - you could use the mouse to "point and click" where you wanted to go and it would take you to that room.

One of the bedrooms/suites was very ornately decorated in oriental style with stars painted on wood.

I cannot believe that I didn't save it in my favourites but I can't find it anywhere and I'm starting to wonder if I dreamed the whole thing!

It was in the mid-luxury price range but not as expensive as La Maison Arabe etc (because I clearly remember thinking that for a reasonably priced riad they had a very expensively designed website) and I really want to find it again.

I've spent the last two days trawling through riads listed all over the web, as well as on TA, and I'm losing patience now.

If anyone can help, I will be eternally in your debt

thanks in advance

Caroline

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

Hi Caroline - don't know the Riad but am looking just in case I can find it for you. Least I can do for someone who helps everyone else so much.

Joyce

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

Aww joyce, that is really lovely of you but please don't go to any trouble. I only posted because I know a lot of people reading the forum are currently working their way through possible riads and thought they might recognise this one from their own research.

Thank you for your lovely post though

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

not much luck, I am afraid. Let me know if you find it.

california
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

Riad Ayadine, maybe.

california
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

The correct spelling is actually Riad Ayadina. Maybe this is the one?

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

Well, I've looked at about 100 riad web sites and can't find it. Don't worry about my time - i'm retired and spend half my time on TA researching for my holidays and am a regular watcher of Marrakech and Cape Town forums as I have been to and am in love with both places . I'll keep dabbling when i'm doing nothing.

Joyce

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

Thanks all - it isn't Ayadina and I really am starting to think I might be confusing a number of riads in my head - making 2+2=5!

I've given up now. I will no doubt stumble across it accidentally just as soon as I've paid a non-refundable deposit for somewhere else ;-)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,658 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

i think i may have it....

http://www.riadmeriem.com/

met a couple at faime d'epices who were staying here - they loved it. i knew the 'star' thing was ringing a bell....

i do hope this is it!

pam

9. Re: Can ANYONE help me identify this riad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech