We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Review My Rough Itinerary

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Help Review My Rough Itinerary

I'm planning to fly out from London to Marrakech 1st Nov morning and fly back on 11th Nov. I'm planning to spend maybe a couple of days in Marrakech then do this dessert tour if I could (since it seems to be tailored for 2 people and I'm going to travel by myself) or something similar for 4 days bluemenofmorocco.com/pt/en/our-tours/item/41… and then maybe go to Chefchaouen for a couple of days. Is that way too hectic and full on or all over the place? If I go to Chefchaouen, what would be the best way from there to fly back to London? Also, if anyone have any other desert tour suggestions? Driving is not an option for me unfortunately since I'm useless and can't drive to save my life... Thank you so much in advance...

Sahara Tours International - Day Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Deserts
East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Review My Rough Itinerary

Hi!

It sounds like a lot of travel in 10 days with Chaouen in the mix.

Try: Marrakech 3 days - 4 day desert trip - 1 day Atlas Mtns - 2 days Essaouira - Marrakech - home?

Lots of options...

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Review My Rough Itinerary

True, lots of travel for nine/ten days.

However, Marrakech - sand dunes - Fez - Chefchaouen - Fez (and fly back from there) is about the same amount of travel as Marrakech - sand dunes - Marrakech - Essaouira - Marrakech.

Try skyscanner.net for flight info.

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Review My Rough Itinerary

Thank you so much guys! I felt I was kinda forcing Chefchaouen a bit because I wanted to see it. I might add an extra day, so arriving 1st at 10 AM in Marrakech and fly back on the 12th noon possibly from Tangier. My plan 1st-2nd in Marrakech, 3rd-6th/7th do the desert tour/trip what have you. Travel by night train/plane on the 7th to Fez but straight on to Chefchaouen. Then decide how much I love it there and whether I would spend 8th-11th there or catch early bus on the 10th to Tangier to catch my plane. I will work on it a bit over the next couple of weeks try to work the logistic. Might end up giving up Chefchaouen altogether if it feels too exhausting since I only bought my flight out of London but not my flight back yet. My other concern at the moment is how expensive the dessert tour is. Any idea to make it a bit cheaper but still see and do the same thing without being herded like cattle with 10 other people?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Review My Rough Itinerary

It is a lot of travelling to do in 10 days but it depends on what you want to see.

The train/plane will only go from Marrakech, once you are in the Desert area, there is no choice, only by road.

The cheapest option would be to travel by public transport, I dont know how comfortable it would be on a long journey as I have not done it this way.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
766 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Review My Rough Itinerary

Just want to mention that we did a desert tour with BlueMenofMorocco and were very happy with it. It was our family of four and we did do a private tour with just the four of us, but we absolutely loved our guide Zaid. We did 3 nights Marrakech, 1 night in Ouazarzate on way to desert, 1 night in desert, 1 night in Merzouga and 2 nights in Fez.

www.fromhometoroam.com

Edited: 09 October 2012, 12:56
London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Review My Rough Itinerary

^ Thank you for the review! I have decided against the tour though as I started to realise it's way too expensive for my budget. I've got a more set plan now after reading people's comments and suggestions here and blogs and such and try to incorporate it to my own plan. I just chose 3 things I wanted to do most in this trip and try to take it easy. I will reserve other sightseeing that I won't be able to do in this trip for future trip :)

Also... which city is better for shopping unique handmade stuff price wise and variety? Marrakech or Chefchaouen?

7. Re: Help Review My Rough Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:18