We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contact lenses in the dunes

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Contact lenses in the dunes

Hello all,

We've got a night in Erg Chebbi as part of our holiday at the end of November/early December. Do you think I'll be able to wear my contact lenses while we're there, or will the dust be too much of a problem?

I have prescription sunglasses so that isn't a problem if I can't wear the lenses - it's purely vanity - when I'm wearing my glasses I always take them off for photos :)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contact lenses in the dunes

As a contact lens wearer (vanity also!) I have had problems with dust/sand loaded winds. To avoid a potential problem stick to the prescription glasses.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contact lenses in the dunes

Would gree with the previous poster, I had problems quite a few years ago, and had to seek out an optician, who recommended that due to the dust and the sand, avoid as much as possible using contact lens outside, at least when it is breezy, I would wear your prescription glasses. I normally do.

UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contact lenses in the dunes

Thanks folks - specs it is then.

Do you think lenses would be OK in Marrakech or is it too dusty there as well?

Jane

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contact lenses in the dunes

Hi,

Bring your lenses and specs then see how you go. Most lens wearers have to resort to specs at some point during a holiday in Morocco.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,399 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Contact lenses in the dunes

well, being LONG time wearer of contacts...i wore mine. i also wear, large sun glasses, to keep some of the dust out of the lenses. no problems for me,thank goodness.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Contact lenses in the dunes

I wear my contacts in Marrakech but I always carry a bottle of eye drops and some saline solution in my bag as well as my glasses, just in case. I also use an eyebath every night after removing my contact lenses to rinse out any dust - and I do it again in the morning before I put my lenses in. I've never had a problem.

I was considering getting some cheap (£10 ish) goggle-style sunglasses for our desert excursion next year because I do prefer wearing my contacts to glasses.

7. Re: Contact lenses in the dunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:16