We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

desert tour

singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
desert tour

1. Is it the right season to visit Sahara in Dec?

2 How can i find or check if .is there any group tour start around early of Dec?

3. If one person take the tour, is one lady alone safe?

4. If i go to 5-7 days of desert tour from Casablanca, what is the plan and how much?

I already visited Marrekech and Fez last year, this trip i would like to focus on desert tour or you have any other suggestion?

thanks very much in advance.

Fiona

Mentioned in this post
Casablanca
Casablanca
Grand Casablanca Region, Morocco
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,751 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: desert tour

you already asked about the trip and got a little answers tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k587…

Anyway you can feel you safe even if you are alone woman.

Be only aware and careful of the touts, they will send you probably many PM.

Edited: 04 November 2012, 12:19
Perth
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: desert tour

If you go on Lonely Planet Morocco Forum you will find loads of recs for tour companies/guides.

I have used Omar at cameltrekking.com. I have found him very helpful, knowledgeable, and good value. We had an absolutely fab time.

Good luck and enjoy your travel. I am sure you will gonna love Morocco, Its an Amazing country and people.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Finley, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: desert tour

It's hot and sunny for most of the year in Morocco. During the peak summer months it gets uncomfortably hot especially in Marrakech, Fes and southwest Morocco, towards the desert. Tangier, Rabat and Essaouira are a bit more comfortable in the peak of summer because they benefit from a cooler ocean breeze. Despite the heat, this is the most popular time to visit Morocco, since it coincides with the European summer vacation. Moroccans also take their vacation during the summer months, and usually head for the cooler coast.

Winters (November to February) are generally mild although temperatures at night can get down to the 40's Fahrenheit (10 C). A dusting of snow is not unusual in Northern Morocco and of course the Atlas Mountains get a lot of snow. You can even ski in Oukaimeden just outside of Marrakech. Winters in the north of the country and along the coast can be quite wet. Winters in the south are drier but colder.

have a funnnnnn

Edited: 04 November 2012, 16:38
Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Rabat
Rabat
Rabat-Sale-Zemmour-Zaer Region, Morocco
Essaouira
Essaouira
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Hotel Atlas
Hotel Atlas
157 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Oukaimeden
Oukaimeden
81 Reviews
Oukaimeden, Morocco
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,945 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: desert tour

Nights in December can be cold in the semi-arid regions south of the Atlas mountains, falling to 0ºC and below. I should know, I slept out rough one January without even a tent... www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php…

It is rare to find a company in Morocco organising tours that any number of people can join, tours tend to be organised on a per-vehicle basis and the costings will depend on how many people are in your group. If it's just one person, it will be mega expensive. A cheaper alternative is to organise your own travel, either hiring a car or using public transport.

Morocco is generally a very safe place, however I have read two trip reports from solo females who complained about advances made by their guides.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Atlas
Hotel Atlas
157 Reviews
Marrakech, Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,945 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: desert tour

urtexi b's "contribution" above was plagiarised from this website:

…about.com/od/morocco/f/When-Is-The-Best-Tim…

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,751 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: desert tour

good that you found it Tim, I was also a little suspicious about urtexi, but it was only feeling, not facts, but now I see it was right feeling :)

7. Re: desert tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2013, 10:19