We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget day trips

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna
Level Contributor
368 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Budget day trips

Hi there,

my daughter is already in Marakech and still has a couple of days. If you just had two days left, what would you say was an absolute "must see-" My daughter is on a student budget and some of the day-trips I have seen on the internet look quite pricey.

What about one-day desert trips? She has an animal allergy, so it will have to be on a 4x4 and not a camel :). Am curious to hear how she has enjoyed it thus far.

Thanks for any feedback

Lizby

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,552 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget day trips

have you checked into the bus to essiouria?? very inexpensive and a nice, laid back, seaside town.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,784 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget day trips

The High Atlas Mountains. Get a seat in a shared grand taxi to Asni, then change to another taxi to take her up to Imlil. Extremely inexpensive.

Vienna
Level Contributor
368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget day trips

Thanks TimCullis,

that sounds a great idea. I had read about Imlil.

Will copy and send to her.

Have a nice evening

Lizby

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget day trips

Hi Liz;

Welcome to Morocco Travel forum.

Just to clarify that you can do a desert trip in one Day, as the Minimum desert can be done on 2 Days to Zagora, but for a Day Trip you have amazing options as Charley and Tim suggested above, the High Atlas Mountains and Essaouira are worth it, so for Imlil Day Trip you can do it going in a Grand Taxi , as you can do it with a group tour going with one of the Travel agencies in Marrakech, or hiring a driver with other Travellers, and for Essaouira you can do it very simple using the Bus of Supratours which departs from Marrakech every 2 hours, both options are very cheap and worth it.

Happy Travels.

Vienna
Level Contributor
368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget day trips

Hi everyone,

thanks so much for all the great ideas. I have forwarded her the answers and really hope she manages to do some or all of the above in her time left there.

Makes me really want to go :)

TA has been a wonderful source for research for me and my family wherever I/we travelled.

Thanks again

Liz

6. Re: Budget day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 19:17