We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech airport taxis

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakech airport taxis

Worst part of my holiday is haggling with the taxi drivers outside the airport. They all get together and give u extortionate prices, they know you are stuck n you'll pay anything. 1 guy was so rude and told me to walk, after I refused to pay £50 for a 5 minutes drive. The government should make these drivers stop doing this because slowly people will stop visiting Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

If you had done any research before arriving in Morocco you would have discovered useful threads like this:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k5350…

As it is you did not write to the forum before departure and learnt nothing.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,516 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

Are you still at the airport or did you get sorted?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

I also hate trying to get a taxi outside the airport terminal, it is the last thing you need after the flight to get to Morocco.

It is not surprising why they ask for that much money, if you stop and watch them for a few minutes, you will notice people paying whatever they ask for.

The one time I asked "how much to the medina?", the fat controller with the walkie talkie said "300 Dirhams", I told him that he was joking right, wrong......it was a 300 Dirhams day and that is what everybody was going to pay..........The couple behind me went to him, same thing 300 Dirhams, they happily got into the taxi, a couple behind them, same thing, 300 Dirhams, they smiled and got into the taxi.........

The problem is that a lot of people do not realise that Marrakech airport is very close to the city and it should be a maximum of 100 Dirhams. You usually get the real rate on the return transfer to the airport, if it is on the meter it is usually less than 30 Dirhams........

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

I agree that the government should ensure that the airport taxi drivers charge the correct fee.

MIB15 - the prices of petit taxis went up last July and the price of a petit taxi to the city should be 70 MAD, 100 MAD to the Palmeraie, and 50% more at night.

Dorset
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

Does anyone know what price we should be expecting for a taxi from Marrakech airport going to Essaouira, is it better to book before you arrive?

Many thanks

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

Hi Wendy & welcome to Morocco Travel forum.

Expect to pay around 600 Dirhams, around 50Euros transfer by the Grand Taxi from " RAK" to Essaouira, and if you can just take the Taxi to the Supratours Bus would be less and easier going by the Bus just you will need another pick in Essaouira from the Bus, which means try to take a Taxi from there to your hotel, or arrange the transfer with your accommodation in Essaouira.

With a Private Driver they can charge you around 1000 Dirhams, which means 90Euros.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

Hi Wendy,

Ask your hotel or Riad in Essaouira about a transfer.

Dorset
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

Thank you for the information. My hotel quoted £90 which I thought was a lot of money but it is obviously the going rate!

9. Re: Marrakech airport taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:18