We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days and not sure how to spend them

ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
4 days and not sure how to spend them

The itinerary so far is arrive in marrakech late so have booked a riad for two nights. Then head to the airport to pick up a rental car to drive to Essaouria three nights outside Essaouria.

Then we have four days spare possibly two days in Agadir so we can go see Taradouant from here and perhaps Tiznit that will leave two days not sure whether to head back to Marrakech or not as we have four days in the Palmeira area and then a night in marrakech before flying back. While I want to see parts of Morocco I also want to be able to relax and have a holiday as well seeing as I will not be doing the driving I am sure hubby would like some down time.

Also while staying in the Palmeira area if we kept the hire car could we drive near to the Medina and park as I also want to go visit the Mule sanctuary

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days and not sure how to spend them

Hi,

Personally I think you would find Agadir disappointing after Essaouira so maybe rethink those couple of days. A few nights in the mountains might be a better contrast.

With you hire car you could drive to visit the animals at http://www.marrakechmules.com/ rather than park near the medina.

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Essaouira
Essaouira
Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days and not sure how to spend them

Totally agree with Shimin's advice, Agadir is nothing compare to the High Atlas Mountains, you could hire a rental Car and wander it slow.

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
High Atlas Mountains
High Atlas Mountains
423 Reviews
ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days and not sure how to spend them

Shimin's thanks for the advice will look into the mountains only problem is I hate heights can not even do a high escalator going down.

Probably not the best passenger to have on one of those drives hubby would probably need a holiday to recover. So with that in mind is there any village at the lower end of the Atlas Mountains that would be interesting to visit.

Also have contacted the Riad we are staying in the first night to see if we brought stuff for the orphanages could they get it to them and what is most needed.

We are staying four days in Palmeira area if we kept the hire car could we drive into Marrakech and park near the Medina or is that a stupid idea.

Edited: 08 April 2013, 11:33
Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
4. Re: 4 days and not sure how to spend them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 07:17