We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Izegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
840 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Guide

We are going to Marrakech for a couple of days at the end of our roundtrip. We are staying in hotel Amine( Drive Abdelkrim El Khettabi )in Marrakech. I was wondering if we will be far from the things to see (Medina) and if we will be far from it tourist office ? I have heard that you can get a guide to visit the most important sights in Marrakech?

Can anyone help?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide

Go to https://maps.google.co.uk/ and stick 'Hotel Amine' into the search box. It's a bit of a hike to Djemaa el Fna which is a way to the south east.

Stick 'guide' into the search box for this forum to find hundreds of previous threads.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,284 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide

Hotel Amine is in the Semlalia area of Marrakech - it is not a good area for tourists so you will have to get taxis everywhere.

But thankfully Marrakech is not a big city so you are still only 10/15 minutes from the Medina and main sights.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,646 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide

we loved having a guide, it gave us a great start to the exciting city.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide

I have stayed at the Hotel Amine a couple of times, the area is a 10 minute drive away from the main square (the hotel is near the main road, so there are always plenty of taxi's around, the cost to get to Jemma el Fna square - if the taxi puts the meter on the it will cost around 10DH, but you will be asked for 50DH, expect to pay around 20DH). The bus stop is also very close to the hotel and will take you to the main square (I think it costs 3.5DH).

If you were to walk to the square, I would say it will take 30-40 minutes.

There are plenty of cafes and restaurants minutes away from your hotel (the food in the hotel is not nice and my advice would be to avoid it). There is a lovely cafe a minute away from the hotel (it was called something like Le Diamand Vert, they serve nice tea/coffee and their cakes are lovely). The hotel itself is quite basic, the staff are friendly and the rooms have everything you need (I found their pillows were very hard and lumpy). The pool area is very nice. The rooms closest to the reception can be a bit noisy, if you get one of those ask to be moved and they should move you to another room (probably the next day).

I cannot help on the tourist office info as I have never been to their office.

Izegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
840 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide

Thank you everyone for the help.

MIB15 Because this is only a couple night stay the way you have explained the hotel is will great.We are with two couples so I think it will be easy and cheap to take a taxi to the main square .

Edited: 24 May 2013, 18:22
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide

Hi,

Most visitors with a decent map and a bit of sensible research manage to visit the city without a guide. Less confident visitors may find their guide steering them into unwanted shopping experiences and feel disappointed.

Edited: 24 May 2013, 21:56
Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide

I have been to Marrakesh both with and without guides. My personal opinion is that if you want to get the maximum experiences out of your visit, then book a guide. They can certainly help you save time and get you from points A to B and back again with little lost time. True, you can be led into shops but you can be firm at the outset about what you want to see and do not want to see. When I have had people with me in Marrakesh, we decide on a street that is connected to Djmaa el Fna and do not venture right or left so that we can easily find our way back. We have used guides for major historical sites.

8. Re: Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 16:51
Izegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
840 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guide

Thank you everyone for the great information

10. Re: Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:17