We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing and withdrawing money in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Changing and withdrawing money in Marrakech

I would appreciate if someone can give me an advice on how to handle money in Marrakech? Should I bring Euros or US dollars? Should I just withdraw money from ATMs even if the reviews all over the internet are saying that I can lose my card? What should I do? Many thanks in advance for any help on this.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Changing and withdrawing money in Marrakech

Also be aware that sometimes an ATM will give you a decline. Don't panic (initially anyway). Use another bank's ATM. The older machines are notorious for not connecting with the dataline and come up with a decline instead.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Changing and withdrawing money in Marrakech

Hi there!

The Moroccan currency is the Dirham. A bureau de change is available at Marrakech airport and there are ATM machines both at the airport and in the City so you can change your euros or dollars on your arrival to Marrakech or you can withdraw it whenever you need some extra money.

Suggestion: Ask for some small notes or coins when exchanging money. Tips are customary in Marrakech and many everyday items cost much less than a 100 dirham note.

And don't worry about losing your credit card. If it happens to forget your code and the ATM swallows your card, the bank staff will give it back to you in no time!

Just relax and enjoy your trip!

13. Re: Changing and withdrawing money in Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17