We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

Hi all, have a few questions here. Am interested in visiting Marrakesh sometime next year, is, it better to go B and B, or all inclusive, also which hotels offer the best entertainment. We are a mature couple with no kids. Dont know whether to book a package holiday, or book flights and hotel separately on our own. Any help would be much appreciated.

1. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 19:39
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

It really depends on what you want from your hotel (facilities,etc) and what you can afford.

Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

Well Im not into loads of walking as I have arthritis and I certainly dont do sports of any kind. Love being pampered in a spa, not that I do that much, Would like to do some sightseeing during the day, depending on my leg, and relax in the evening with some kind of entertainment. No good just sitting in a bar with nothing going on as we would run out of things to say to each other. Tend to want to go for the cheapest option, and if alcoholic drinks are dearer outside the hotels then it looks like we may have to go for the all inclusive. Am looking at this years brochures just to get a guide on prices, then wondering is it cheaper to book flights and hotel on the internet.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

since it sounds like evening entertainment is important to you, I think you might be better off at one of the AI resorts where everything is organised.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

Or if you like sightseeing then a riad in the medina is the place for you. There are very few attractions in the various parts of the New Town. There are many local hammams/spas you can choose from and a huge variety of eateries to suit every budget and not rely on the tourist focused menus of AI resorts. If selecting a riad ask for a courtyard (ground floor) room to avoid any unnecessary stairs. All riads provide breakfasts as part of the rental and most offer dinners too.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

What kind of entertainment are you looking for?

Personally I would say that, if alcohol and organised entertainments are important to you, an AI resort would probably suit you best. It also depends on what you like to do in the day time. If you'd like to relax in the sunshine by the pool and be within walking distance of your room, then go for one of the complexes rather than a riad.

Alcohol is available in the medina but only in certain places - so you'd need to know where you wanted to go first, to save you from spending a long time walking around looking for somewhere.

Riads are beautiful, quiet, relaxing places to stay and most people tend to use them as more of a base from which to do their exploring. In terms of accessibility, you could choose a riad close to a main road and get taxis back from wherever you are in the city. That would help if you are aching after walking about - although you'd still be stuck with the entertainment issue.

Only you know what you want from a holiday really.

Derbyshire, UK
Level Contributor
287 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

Hi

I am going to Marrakech for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, just wanted to share my own opinions with you. The first time we went we stayed half board and afterwards we felt this was a waste of money. Eating out is really cheap in Marrakech we found, and with half board we felt that we were more restricted as we'd already paid for our food in the hotel effectively, and so it would cost us on top to eat out.

2nd time we went we booked the flights and hotel separately. Stayed in an apartment here palmeraievillage-marrakech.com/en/#palmeraie… and it was AMAZING!! Got a really cheap deal online too, well worth the extra time spent researching to book separately.

This time we are staying in a villa on the Samanah golf course. Mainly because we wanted our own private pool and plan on just relaxing rather than sight seeing, etc.

We adore Marrakech, can't recommend it enough! If you have the time I would recommend booking flights/hotel separately. You certainly can get more for your money in my opinion

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

Hi

My sisters and I all over 60 booked a first choice holiday to Marrakech at the tikida gardens all inclusive and we had a lovely holiday.The hotel is fab and clean and the staff were wonderfull. The food was always fresh and loads of choices. We couldnt have picked a better hotel. It has its own spar. The grounds are kept clean and tidy and the trees and flowers were lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

Thanks to everyone for their replies, will keep checking on line and see when the new brochures come out if I can beat their price. At least I have a few months to decide what to do before booking.

10. Re: Bed and Breakfast or all inclusive, plus entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:17