We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lions match in Marrakesh

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lions match in Marrakesh

Where would I be able to watch this on Saturday in Marrakesh? Thanks

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

try Kechmara or Le Six (you should be able to click the names to go to the reviews and address/website details of each place)

there is also Cafe Miss Gemma, it is not reviewed on here but you can find it at the far end of Mohamed V (away from the Medina) next to La Flamme

if you can then go the day before or at least a bit early on the day to tell them you want to watch it as rugby is not that popular so they might not even know it is on

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

You could also try Key West (near the Diesel shop) in Gueliz and the Grand Hotel Tazi in the medina (depending where you are staying) as both were mentioned previously as showing rugby the last time the big games were on TV.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

Key West has been closed for years, even another bar/restaurant has been and gone on the same site in the meantime.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

Hi,

"Brasserie La Renaissance", in the Hotel La Rennaissance, 89 angle Boulevard Zerktouni and Avenue Mohamed V in Gueliz seems to have found rugby for a previous visitor.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

Hey, I'm in the same situation, looking for the game! Currently in brasserie la renaissance and they would show it but they don't know if they have the channel. They have a lot of the franchise channels and we just searched and it seems to be on canal+ which they don't have! We're gonna search a few more places now. Let us know if u find somewhere!!!

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

Hey, I'm in the same situation, looking for the game! Currently in brasserie la renaissance and they would show it but they don't know if they have the channel. They have a lot of the franchise channels and we just searched and it seems to be on canal+ which they don't have! We're gonna search a few more places now. Let us know if u find somewhere and we'll to the same!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

they have Canal+ at Le Six (Av Mohamed VI in Hivernage) and Cafe Miss Gemma that I mention above

I think Kechmara have it as well, not sure though

Edited: 05 July 2013, 13:19
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

Ok so they've said they will show it in kechmara bar for us at 11! The address is 3 rue de liberte in the new town!!!! We got a bit lost looking initially cos google maps sent us to the wrong st, it's the opposite side of the main st from where google maps says but still called rue de liberte

9. Re: Lions match in Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech