We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips with a child

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
day trips with a child

Hello

My husband and I are going to Marrakech in September with our 4 year old. We would like to take some trips for instance Essouira. Is it feasible to do that in one day or would we have to stay overnight? Also our son loves animals so is there a zoo or wildlife park in Marrakech we can visit?

Thank you,

Saffronlondon

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trips with a child

Have a look at this link which is about Jarjeer donkey sanctuary, it would make a great day out.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k6…

Essaouira is best experienced as an overnight trip.

Mentioned in this post
Essaouira
Essaouira
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,485 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trips with a child

If you go to the Menara Gardens there are usually camels around the entrance as well.

I often do Essaouira as a daytrip, you need to take an early coach to make it worthwhile though as it is a 3hr journey each way.

Mentioned in this post
Essaouira
Essaouira
London
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trips with a child

Thanks for the information guys!

Essaouira: can you recommend a good tour company that does day trips please?

Also can I ask if swimming pools are warm enough to use in late September as my four year old is rather fussy!

Cheers

Saffronlondon

Mentioned in this post
Essaouira
Essaouira
4. Re: day trips with a child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 15:31
Edited: 28 October 2013, 15:31
London
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trips with a child

John w: great advice. Thank you!

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: day trips with a child

Yes swimming pools are warm enough. Ensure your child showers before getting in the pool. Washing the sweat off will help him acclimatise.

You can visit Essaouira in a day. Take an early Supratours bus there, and a late bus back to make the most of your time.

Mentioned in this post
Essaouira
Essaouira
7. Re: day trips with a child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 06:17