We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech during Ramadan with children

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakech during Ramadan with children

I'm visiting Marrakech on Saturday for a week with my partner and 2 children (my 2nd visit) and am really excited to be going back again!

I'm a bit I'll prepared though, and am looking for some ideas of things to do with my children (age 7 & 9) during Ramadan. I've an idea to challenge them to a 'scavenger / barter' competition - to draw up a list of items they need to barter for in the souks, to see who can negotiate the lowest price!....Any ideas on some good (low cost) items I could add to the list? Also, any other ideas of places to go / things to do?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech during Ramadan with children

Head out to Essaouira for a long daytrip, the kids will look exploring the Portuguese Fort and medina area, there is also a nice beach and you could do quad biking (I used Palmaquad), the quad bikes are big enough for an adult and child to fit on.

To hire a private driver to take you to Essaouira (in a 7 seater type vehicle), expect to pay a total of between £80-£100 (9am-8pm), you could get a grand taxi driver to take you for the day, they would charge between £60-£80, but it will not be as comfortable as the 7 seater.

You could also take a trip up to Setti Fatima to see the waterfalls, the waterfalls are not that spectacular but the drive through the Ourika Valley is very scenic. Expect to pay a private driver a total of around £70 for the day (9am-4pm). You will need a guide to show you up to the waterfalls, you should pay a total of around £10 for a few hours.

Mentioned in this post
Essaouira
Essaouira
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech during Ramadan with children

Make sure wooden snakes are on the list, I got one for my 6 year old nephew last time I went and he's obsessed with it! I'm going Sunday for my third trip to Marrakech and I can't wait!

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakech during Ramadan with children

knitted hats from place d'epices. they are really good; hardwearing, shower-resistant, and above all, not itchy! i got one last time and went back for another on this recent trip.

4. Re: Marrakech during Ramadan with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17