We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Marrakech

Hi everyone,

After recently returning from this years holiday, I'm already on the case sorting out the next adventure! I'm very keen on Marrakech as I've been very briefly before and would love a bit longer to look around, probably about 7 nights.

We're unfortunately not free to go until next summer, probably somewhere between end of June to mid September. So, I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on flights? Firstly, I've seen some with BA flor July and they're about £340 return including all taxes and luggage from Gatwick for two of us. How does this sound? Or am I perhaps better to wait until more low cost flights are released, but I imagine this could be a while? The only reason I'm eager to book is because booking holiday at work can be a nightmare!

Thanks in advance :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Marrakech

All the cheapo operators go there, easyjet, ryanair, thomson etc.

If you can get a reasonably priced flight with BA then I would take it. £170.00 pp in summer/peak time isn't too bad although IMO it will be too hot and too crowded.

Check cheap booking sites such as flightline, skyscanner, cheapflights, justtheflight etc (there are hundreds!) but remember that you may well be packed in like the proverbial sardines and you will be charged extra for using facilities (toilet etc) with ryanair.

You will need to know things like luggage allowance, online booking charges and other hidden charges which some flight operators add on.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Marrakech

Thanks for the info John9159. I'll take a look around and see if any other flights ave been released. I'm very tempted to book with BA just for the ease as you can essentially make your own package by choosing one of their recommended riads. Having said that, I flew Ryanair last time and I don't have a problem as its a relatively short flight.

I could probably save a bit by finding my own riad too...

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Marrakech

not a bad price for BA - after baggage costs etc you will pay at least £100 each return even with Ryanair/Easyjet, maybe more if you want to fly on a peak day.

Looks like Easyjet are booking upto March at the moment so I guess it will be another 3 months or so until they release their summer schedule

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
155 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Marrakech

In my opinion that's a great price for BA. If you don't want any of the hassle of add-ons, be they to do with forgetting to print off boarding tickets, taking extra luggage, priority boarding, wanting to pre-book seats at no extra cost so you can sit either in a certain place on the plane or just to sit next to your travelling companion, if you want an in-flight meal and bar drinks free, if you want to take a laptop as well as another item of hand luggage (e.g. handbag for a lady or camera)...all these things are infinitely easier and included with BA. However, if you don't mind these hassles, by all means research the 'cheaper' airlines. For me, BA wins every time. On another note, July is likely to be extremely hot, 40+ degrees - which sounds nice but does actually limit what you can do as it's just too hot to be comfortable. Enjoy your trip when it finally comes around :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Marrakech

b.a. also offers really keen prices for riads if booked with flights. bear in mind though, you are not booking a 'package'. the riads are booked through a separate company, with b.a. acting as agents. we have flown with them each time - the total price, including accommodation, is considerably cheaper than the 'low-cost' airlines, with non of the hoop-jumping required either.

check out the dates of ramadan before booking. i think next year, it is likely to start around 29th/30th june, and it continues for 28 days. some people prefer to avoid ramadan when travelling in a muslim country.

England, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Marrakech

We go twice a year to Morocco and £170 return is the price we usually pay with BA. Low cost airlines can be slightly cheaper but they have more restrictions regarding hand luggage etc.

7. Re: Flights to Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 06:19