We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon deals.

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon deals.

Hi all, My friend and i are looking to visit Marrackech for afew days before the end of the year. As is always the case we want to get the best value for money that we possibly can. We check Groupon and see fantastic deals and generally the hotels have good reviews on here. Has anyone been on a groupon deal to Marrackech and how would you rate it?? Many thanks!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon deals.

Although I've never used this I can't comment directly although I believe some people have been disappointed with less than a good deal.

The phrases "Groupon Mess" and "Beware Groupon" come to mind.

Do a search on artiicles here by using the search box just above posted articles.

Have you compared other booking sites to see whether they have lower rates?

London, United...
Level Contributor
566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon deals.

I just booked mine, and got a great deal for October, that was two weeks ago. My parents found a good deal too, yesterday, and booked up...Both were on travelrepublic.co.uk

Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon deals.

My hubby and I also used Travelrepublic - we spent about 5 weeks trawling review sites, holiday sites, travel agents and trip advisor to make sure we got the Ryad we wanted (we had narrowe it down to about 3) and so many come up on Travelrepublic it is hard to know how to choose! We ended up saving over £300 from what the travel agent quoted, with better flights from a local airport and breakfast included. We have a wonderful small Ryad with only 5 bedrooms (the idea of staying somewhere with 80 - 150 rooms filled me with dread! We want to stay right in the medina and experience local hospitality) Travelrepublic then provided me with an email address for the owner of the Ruad on request so we have been in contact with then over finer details of our trip. I have heard a few bad things anout Travelrepublic as well as groupon but our experience has been fine. We travel in just under 6 weeks. Hope you get a great deal :)

Newhaven, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon deals.

Hi,

If its not too late for a reply.

I to recently found a great deal on Groupon for a skiing holiday in Italy. We booked up and paid our money - all good. The voucher did not include a flight so we booked seperately.

I have just received a mail to say the hotel has gone into administration and the holiday was off. Luckily Groupon are going to refund the hotel cost but we cant change the flights. Wish we had booked the flights by credit card now!

It was all very disappointing and Groupon did not say anything or even offer an apology.

As they say - if it looks to good to be true it probably is!

I would think twice myself to booking a holiday with them in the future!

Good luck

Karl

5. Re: Groupon deals.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:16