We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakesh and Nearby cities in 7 Days

San Diego...
5 posts
Save Topic
Marrakesh and Nearby cities in 7 Days

My husband and I will have one Week in Morocco in November. I would be very appreciative of itinerary suggestions for the best way to see Marrakesh and a key city or two on the coast (Essouria, Agadir for a day of surfing maybe?). We are not interested in trying to check off too many sites/cities, we just want to enjoy our time and the culture. We wanted to see Fes but it seems to be too much travel considering the limited amount of time- so we are focusing on Marrakesh. We fly into and out of Casablanca but we don't want to spend much (if any) time there.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakesh and Nearby cities in 7 Days

A one day or overnight stay in one of the Atlantic coastal towns, Essaouira yes, but also consider Safi and El Jadida, not the modern concrete resort town of Agadir. A day trip into the High Atlas mountains, overnight in Imlil perhaps, would provide another contrast. Imperial city, charming coastal resorts and mountain scenery all in one week!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakesh and Nearby cities in 7 Days

I would recommend that you do spend 1 night in Casablanca to see the Hassan II Mosque and apart from that follow the advice above

3. Re: Marrakesh and Nearby cities in 7 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:25