We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moroccan Nightlife

Sunderland
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moroccan Nightlife

Going back to Marrakech in a couple of weeks time. Last time I was there I didn't take my daughter but she's coming with me this time. I wondered if there was any restaurants/bars that allowed children in until latish? Maybe with some kind of entertainment like belly dancing or Traditional music?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

Removed comment, TA was having a "moment"

Edited: 07 October 2013, 21:39
Sunderland
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

Lol, I've had a look on the forum but no one really says if they've taken there kids out!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

you should be ok with a child in many restaurants until late

most of the places with entertainment tend to be overpriced and you can usually eat better elsewhere, but if you want that then Le Marrakchi and Le Tanjia come to mind

Edited: 07 October 2013, 23:45
London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

I have seen French families with young children in La Comptor Darna at a late hour . Here you have good music, good food , good ambience and belly dancing .

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
269 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

when La Comptor Darna is i cannot find it on tripadvisor ... ?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

Here is the lisitng for Comptoir Darna - it is in the New Town whereas the other couple of places I mentioned are in the Medina:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293734-…

personally I find the restaurant to be ridiculously overpriced for food (even more so than Le Marrakchi), but it is a very stylish and popular nightspot

Sunderland
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

We've been to Le Marrachki before and like you said the food is overpriced and we have eaten in much better local restaurants. I suppose its more of a bar that I'm after that doesn't mind having children in until about midnight. My boyfriend is Moroccan but has only been in Marrakech for about 6 months and doesn't really know about a great deal of places.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

The places with entertainment are usually more of a restaurant, for just a drink try Kechmara or Cafe Atlas - most other places that come to mind are not really places you would take a child.

both are in Gueliz - reasonable alcohol prices as well.

9. Re: Moroccan Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:18