We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathroom Doors??

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bathroom Doors??

We are a retired couple thinking of a holiday in a riad in the Medina in Marrakech in early December. We will be on a tight budget and so are looking at the cheaper riads. We're not particularly fussy about basic accomodation BUT we do like our bathroom privacy and I read somewhere that riad bathrooms don't have doors, just curtains. Is this the case for all riads or only the cheaper ones - or is it not true? How would we find out? The description of individual riads doesn't mention whether their bathrooms have doors!

Thanks for reading this rather British eccentric post.

Dixon
Level Contributor
160 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathroom Doors??

Not a problem. Are you concerned about privacy from your spouse or other guests?

The best part of a riad is that they are basically suites with an enclosed sitting area, sleeping area and a very nice bathroom. I have never seen a curtain instead of a door at any of the 30+ riads I have stayed at in Marrakech.

However, my stay in El Jadida was a surprise--squat toilet, only a curtain between the poop hole and my bed. Check out the reviews.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathroom Doors??

Hi,

You could always write to the Riad owner via the website or send messages via their profiles to a few reviewers of Riads you otherwise like the look of.

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathroom Doors??

You are right, some riads don't have doors between bedroom and bathroom areas, just curtains. This includes some of the more expensive riads so price is not necessarily a factor in this.

You can check recent reviews, although probably best to check direct with the riad.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathroom Doors??

in some riads, this is true of only some of the rooms.

best if you pick a few you like the look of, and make a short list. on their own websites, most include photos of each individual room, and you can book the one you want!

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bathroom Doors??

Thanks so much for everyone's help, I'm very grateful and will take up your suggestions.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bathroom Doors??

Once I was on riad in Marrakech I had not neither the door or curtains to the bathroom including the toilet. And riad was good and nice and for us it was not problem. But you can ask the riad when booking it, if there is the door.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bathroom Doors??

DixonTurnip

'However, my stay in El Jadida was a surprise--squat toilet, only a curtain between the poop hole and my bed. Check out the reviews.'

LOL! I was just about to write about my en-suite experience in El Jedida - exactly the same but the biggest surprise for me was the step up to it!

8. Re: Bathroom Doors??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:18