We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fine cuisine in a romantic setting

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Premia de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
fine cuisine in a romantic setting

I want to surprise my husband with a trip to Morocco in January 2014. For his special birthday I'm looking for a good restaurant. Quite important is a very fine Moroccan cuisine and a special romantic atmosphere. What we do not love are shows or razzle-dazzle.

I dont know if is possible to sit outside in january, if yes this would be very nice. The price for the dinner is secondary.

Thanks in advance for great tips

Premia de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

sorry, of course MARRAKECH, not Marocco!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

Fortunately several thousands of contributors have already given their feedback in the restaurant section, so have a browse through by clicking on the 'restaurants' tab above.

Evenings in January will be chilly.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

the top rated place is Maison MK, although it is not typically Moroccan cuisine.

I can recommend Pepe Nero for a romantic evening and there are others you can read about by checking the reviews

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
26 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

I'm also taking my husband away for a surprise trip to Marrakech & Imlil end dec/NYE (no special occasion, though). I have booked, as a backup, Maison Arabe, but will try to book Maison MK for one night. They don't take reservations until one month before, so I suggest you put a calendar alert for 1 month before you want to book Maison MK.

Premia de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

thanks for your helpful posts.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

are you staying in a riad? some of the best moroccan cuisine is served, not in expensive restaurants, but in the marvelous riads.

if you negotiated in advance, you could probably choose the dishes, have them buy and arrange flowers and candles, and have a table set up in a quiet area. all this with no chance of getting lost, and a short step from your bed...

do expect to pay for these extras though...

Premia de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

We will stay at the beautiful Riad Almoulouk. But there we are already eating on our arrival day, so I want a different location for my husband's special day.

Premia de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

it's me again. I'm happy, Maison MK is booked for my surprise evening.

Thank you once again.

9. Re: fine cuisine in a romantic setting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:16