We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
171 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

does this rule still apply (post from 2007):

"As I said in my reply previously the custom officials can confiscate it as you arrive if they found you had it already. Change your money at the airport when you arrive in Morocco and keep your receipt as they require it if you have to change any unused dirham back to pounds before you leave the country"

as i was just about to order and change money at Heathrow??

regards

B

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

You can bring 1000 MAD in to Morocco however the exchange rate outside of Morocco is likely to be poor. It is very easy to obtain MAD on arrival at Marrakech airport.

London
Level Contributor
171 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

Ah great! thank you very much :)

Scottsdale
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

We are arriving Marrakech via Ferry at Tangier, are there any Banks local to either Tangier or the Marrakech Train Stations?

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

Yes

Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

Better rates in Morocco,

can use atm's also bit better rates in town don't change too much at the airport and ask for smaller notes and some coins as you will need it

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

And if you haven't already done so, read the very important info in this article: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293730-s601/Morocco:…

7. Re: Exchanging Money for my trip to Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:17