We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Moroccan wedding blankets in Marrakech?

Paris, France
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to buy Moroccan wedding blankets in Marrakech?

I just booked my first trip to Marrakech and I'll be there over the Christmas Holiday. There are many reasons why I am excited to visit, but my main goal is to find a Moroccan wedding blanket (I've been wanting one for years!) Can anyone provide advice on where to find these and how much is a reasonable price? Thank you!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Moroccan wedding blankets in Marrakech?

Refer to this thread for advice:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Welcome to the Marrakech forum Lindsay.

wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Moroccan wedding blankets in Marrakech?

I bought a "new" handira(wedding blanket) in April 2012 to fit a king size bed. It was cream with a barely noticeable beige stripe running through it and was all squares made from tufted wool with large sequins. I paid approx £80.00. I can't remember the asking price but I know I was ages bartering. I have found a card which I think I got from the shop( though not absolutely sure) and the address says Semmarine souk el Keira no 228, Fashion Stoor, but please check this out 1st as I am not sure. I am going end of Jan and looking for a vintage one this time. Please be aware that if you want new do not accept an old dusty display one as they will try to palm you off with one. Insist on getting a nice clean one and it will appear as if by magic.

Good luck and enjoy the shopping, it is fantastic!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Moroccan wedding blankets in Marrakech?

Souk Smarine is located on Rue Souk Smarine near to the Rahba Kedima market square. This area has other small but fascinating markets such as Souk el Attarin and Souk el Kebir on the side alleyways. All of these areas are in the central northern medina and fairly easily accessible from the main square, Djemma al Fna, by following the lane (derb) left hand side to the restaurant Terrasses de l'Alhambra (and picking up some of the best olives I've tasted en route!) or from the north west follow Rue Dar el Bacha, the most upmarket quartier in the medina for other shopping opportunities. If it's good enough for Becks & partner, Iman, Naomi and other (rich) glitterati then...

(Last sentence not entirely tongue in cheek!)

Edited: 29 November 2013, 17:18
4. Re: Where to buy Moroccan wedding blankets in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 13:12
5. Re: Where to buy Moroccan wedding blankets in Marrakech?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Marrakech
Recent Conversations