We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Anybody stayed in “ karya Syahia” area of Marrakech please?

I'm looking to book a apartment / Riad for 7 nights and this place came up cheaper than the rest for the number of bedrooms i need (5 Bed) and within by not so big budget. The pictures look great with a communal pool and gardens, secure residential compound etc.. but nothing much in terms of reviews anywhere?

The Address: Kria Syahia Riad, Zone Centre – Ennakhil sud

Any experiences or the above place, or other suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Dibs

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Do you have a web address for this property please? All I could find were several adverts showing it was under renovation and for sale!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

I assume you are talking about Al Qaria Asiyahia - it is a private residence just outside the Medina walls near Bab Kechich, some owners do rent out their properties there for short lets.

I know it well and think it is a good place to stay as it has the traditional feel of the Medina but with modern facilities - usually much cheaper than staying in the Medina as well. The only issue is that it is a bit isolated and you have to take taxis everywhere.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Nibrika, You might be right , as i can not read french i do not understand the website (its go's loopy with google translate (some plug-in issues).

I have managed to look at the images and it looks about rignt place..

…blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/riad-marrakech-al-qa…

From what you are saying it look ideal as i have small children and evening would be better spent quiter than hussle and bussle of the square.

Only thing is the owner ia asking for half the money upfront in euros via a cheque.. can i trust these guys as i like ot pay on arrival in cash usualy. i can understand why he's asking to secure the riad, but how do i now hes the owner or his agent? Are there anything i should be awarew of when dealing with secureing a appartment or Riad on a short term lease (1 week) please?

Thanks, and keep the advise coming please.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

There are still at least four immobiliers (estate agents) showing that this property is for sale. Avoid.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Pilobolus - you have misunderstood as this is not the name of a property, as I explained above it is the name of a development with many properties so obviously there are always a few units for sale

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Dibs - it is a good place to stay if you have kids as it is popular with Moroccan families coming on holiday to Marrakech so always kids playing. There is also a couple of corner shops and cafes within the development.

It is normal for property owners to ask for a reservation deposit for a short let, although I suppose there is an element of trust as you cant guarantee anything unless you find one with reviews or through a reputable rental agency.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 20:51
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Thanks a lot for the information, ia little peace of mid regarding the complex.. Appreciated.

Marrakech-Tensift-El...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

hello

this offer will be good for famly s who stay more than 2 weeks and having them car it will be expainsive to have taxi ech time

you can serch in old medina to enjoy the real moroccan experience off coursse you found all budget in medina

best holiday inchalah

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

i have the address of the Riad and tried to see where it is but i can not get my bearing of the location:

Its a Riad in "G25 South Zone Centre - Al Karia Assyahia - Ain Itti - Annakhil South - Marrakech."

Any experiance or suggestions about the place please?

Thanks.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody stayed in Karya Syahia Riad or in the area?

Hello imediatly you will must to take a taxi or walk 1 hour to be in importent monuments or the big square