We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black-British guy traveling to any Race Issues?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Black-British guy traveling to any Race Issues?

Hi All,

I'll be travelling to Marrakech on the 30th of December, kind of a new years trip. I'm black British and my girlfriend is half Lebanese and half English. I was wondering what the racial climate is there. Should I expect any racism towards me, my girlfriend, or the fact that where travelling together?

Thanks,

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black-British guy traveling to any Race Issues?

Hi,

You should have no problems.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black-British guy traveling to any Race Issues?

I agree with Shimmin's comment. Marrakech is ethnically a very diverse city, just as Morocco is an ethnically diverse country.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black-British guy traveling to any Race Issues?

My cousin (white) and her husband (black) along with their two kids visited me last year and reported no problems whatsoever (except for the fact that it was sometimes difficult to prise the kids from the locals!)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Black-British guy traveling to any Race Issues?

Agree with all the above. You shouldn't have any problems.

5. Re: Black-British guy traveling to any Race Issues?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:18