We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

jaisamler
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

Me and my friend are in marrakech for only one week and want to stay in the djemaa el-fna area in a low budget clean and friendly place. Its been over 10 years since I was last in this city so any advice would be much appreciated. We plan to be in marrakesh around 10th jan 2014.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

There are so many inexpensive riads around Djemaa el-Fna that you really are spoiled for choice. One popular, friendly option is Riad Marrakech Rouge but if you search the Marrakech forum for "cheap riads" you will come up with scores of other suggestions made in previous threads. Of course, once a riad catches your attention, you could then check out the reviews for it that other travellers have posted previously.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

Hi,

You could type hostel into the search box above your post for previously posted ideas and recommendations. Hotel Ali and the Grand Hotel Tazi are still going strong though with mixed reviews!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,649 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

There is a lane close to the Djemaa El Faa square which specializes in cheap hotels, there are more than 10 side by side. In my opinion, Hotel Imouzzer is the best one. 120 or 150 Drh for a basic 2-person room according to the season. You can check the (excellent) reviews here on Tripadvisor.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

There is also Hotel Cecil

http://www.marrakech-hostel.com/

but frankly Googling "Marrakech hostels" will give you plenty more options. They all vary in what is provided and I doubt that previous visitors will have experienced more than one or two.

The "lane" mentioned above at post 3 lies between Rue Bab Agnaou and Rue Riad Zitoune el Khedim. It is somewhat of a labyrinth of derbs offering a variety of accommodation at various prices and facilities.

Coventry
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

I have stopped at the Cecil before and am returning in a few weeks. It is basic, clean and really easy to find, which is a bonus. The rooftop overlooks the square and the breakfast is good.

I recommend it.

jaisamler
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

thanks for all the response, so much to choose from. But i'm sure the tricking part is finding the hostel once you arrive there amongst all the hustle. Where abouts is the cecil

jaisamler
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

i'm not to fussy about the place as long as its easy to find, cheap, clean, safe and secure. I spent 6 months roughing it in india so nothing will shock me after this. I never like to book a place and generally just like to show up shop around and wherever feels comfortable without some hawker harassing the hell out of me I am happy to just follow my nose. But appreciate any tips from people who know the area.

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

Location of Hotel Cecil -

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=Djemaa+El+Fna+Hotel+Cecil&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hotel+cecil+marrakech&cid=4951897849242355516&ei=ZvDFUvKfIMiO7QbCoYCIBA&ved=0COoBEPwSMAo

9. Re: 1 week, 2 backpackers cheap clean accommodation in the djema

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 06:20