We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Hello

Me and my husband are travelling to Marrakech next month with our 1 year old baby for 5 days excluding flights. We thinking of doing a couple of day trips while there. Essaouira is on the list and from other reviews I have gathered that we can always travel through supratours. Would it be comfortable travelling in bus with a baby?

We are also thinking of doing a day trip to Atlas Mountains - Imlil. Is that doable with a baby? I have seen few tour companies but the tour seems to include some hike which would be difficult with the baby. Can ou please recommend a tour company/driver?

If Atlas mountain is not doable, which other place could be visit? Kasbah? or somewhere else.

Thanks.

M & A Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Rough Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The Hague, The...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

I also posted a similar question today (8 month old baby). No responses though yet (my post is called 2 weeks Morocco). We are thinking about renting a car and driving our self. That way we can stop or drive when we want/ can.

When are you guys going ?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Hi,

The Supratours buses are comfortable intercity coaches so should be comfortable enough for you with the baby.

I'd suggest Ouirgane for a mountain visit.

Did you settle on a Riad after all? If so the owner will be able to help organise your days out.

tripadvisor.com/…48335546

May be of interest for a day visit.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Supratours is the Moroccan equivalent to National Express. The route to Essaouira has a rest stop approx. half way. Don't expect to find nappy changing facilitites.

It is possible to visit the mountains without trekking.

Los, Sweden
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

It's ok if your baby is 1 year old! there is nothing to worry about when you Travel to Marrakech.

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Thanks for all the advice.

Afshin N we are doing from Feb 9 to 16 (will reach marrakech 9th evening). What about you? and where are you staying?

Does this itinerary sounds ok? Am open to any suggestions to make it convenient and fun.

9th - reach Marrakech in eve and chill at Riad

10th - Visit Marrakech attractions. In eve Jamaa el Fana

11th - Essaouira through supratours

12th - Any suggestions please. Should we see more of Marrakech or one day to see main attractions is fine. Is there any other nearby place that we could visit or activity we could do with baby.

13th - My baby's birthday so will celebrate at Riad (have ordered cake in Marrakech), photo shoot (I have contacted a few photographers/studios but have not heard from any of them. Any names??). Nice early dinner (Have identified a couple of places from TA).

14th - Celebrate valentine in Atlas Mountain (Imlil or Ouirgane).

15th - we fly in eve so will just go around Jamaa el Fanaa the during day time

Please suggest any changes required.

Thanks a lot.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Hi,

On the 12th there will still be plenty you have still to see in Marrakech. Don't try to do everything in a day!

London
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Thanks. will stick to Marrakech on 12th. As for mountains is Imlil tge right choice. if going to the mountain I would like to see what best it has to offer. thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Hi,

Personally I prefer Ouirgane.

The Hague, The...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

We are doing 8th till 18th. We will land on the 8th midday. We took 2 to 3 days for Marrakesh and the rest will be lots of traveling which I hope to be driving my self. Only thing I am not sure about is renting a car before arriving or after arriving in Marrakesh...

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling to Marrakech with a baby - day trips

Hi, we are doing the same as you but at the end of Feb...will be watching this thread closely. Booked flights today, but need to arrange accommodation and itinerary now...we have an 18 month old and would like to go to Imlil too, but I can't see it being do-able with him. As for renting a car out there - the general advice seems to be to avoid doing so.