We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cookery courses

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Camberley, England...
Level Contributor
237 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Cookery courses

Hi all, I'm back in Marrakech in February for six days and during that time I'm keen to attend a couple of cookery courses, one I've looked at, that I like the look of, is a one day course with L'atelier faim d'epices. I'd like to do another half day course, I consider myself to be a fairly competent self taught cook, but am not that knowledgable of Moroccan cuisine, I'd like the course to hands on, and to be part of a small group of people, open to prices of courses, the other thing is my French is fairly basic, certainly not good enough to follow instructions on a cookery course, so there would need to be some English instruction. Many thanks for any suggestions you may have.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cookery courses

Hi,

La Maison Arabe is a popular choice.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293734-d7…

Edited: 22 January 2014, 19:51
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cookery courses

Hi Yvonne,

Bit of a curved ball here for you, but should you fancy a day trip to Essaouira I'd highly recommend the classes at L'atelier Madada. I've done a number of courses around the world and this one was very reasonably priced and possibly the bet of the lot. Essaouira is well worth a day trip and easily reached by Supratours coach. Hope that's of interest.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cookery courses

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293734-d1…

Is another which may interest you.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cookery courses

if you are going to faim d'epices - consider their spa offer which is good value, in my opinion. the spa experience finished the day off nicely. so much so, we've done the day twice..

Camberley, England...
Level Contributor
237 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cookery courses

Thanks very much to you all, very informative and interesting:) Pam can I ask what did you cook when you went to faim d'epices? really excited at the prospect of a cookery course or two! :) :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cookery courses

the first time was a friday. we made a traditional cous-cous, from scratch, rather than simply cooking bought grains. with it were a selection of vegetables and meat. on the second one, we did lamb tagine with almond-stuffed prunes, and made bread.

i have to say, since i don't like cous-cous, the first day was not so successful. but we enjoyed the experience, if not the food. the tagine was brilliant, and i have made it several times since. the bread-making has revolutionised my baking - i get damned near perfect bread every time now i use their kneading technique!

if you look on their website, you will see they have a routine of which dishes they do on which day.

Camberley, England...
Level Contributor
237 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cookery courses

Thanks Pam, I was thinking of the Wednesday course and making fish tagine, which I'd love to learn to cook, but the lamb does sound delicious! I can't wait, I think I may also go with Shimmins post of La maison Arabe, and rock up to Essaouira on another trip, all suggestions very very helpful, thank you :):):)

8. Re: Cookery courses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 06:18