We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mix of desert and Marrakech

Egham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mix of desert and Marrakech

We are looking to travel to Marrakech in early Feb. We will be there for 5 days. It will be myself and 15 year old son. Would like to spend a couple of days in Marrakech and maybe an overnight in a tent close to Marrakech. Any suggestions? Also, looking for a suitable place to stay and suggestions for overnight. I have been looking on the web, it is difficult to choose. We would like to stay fairly close to the activities in the city, but not super noisy. Have looked at all the big hotels outside and have decided that is not really what we want. Any help would be appreciated. Also suggestions for companies to use for camel rides and quad bikes.

Sahara Tours International - Day Tours
Deserts, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mix of desert and Marrakech

I can recommend the riad I'm staying in right now. It's called the Riad Sidi Mimoune and is very close to the royal palace in a quiet residential neighbourhood in the medina. The main square, Jemaa al Fna is about 8-10 mins walk away - staying here is close enough to all the action when you want it, far enough away to relax when you've had enough of the noise and bustle. The staff here are lovely, very helpful, and they all speak some English.

Egham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: mix of desert and Marrakech

Thank you so much for the info. How is the weather there now?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,579 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mix of desert and Marrakech

the Sahara desert is far from Marrakech - 3/4 days are recommended for the roundtrip so you dont have enough time.

A night in the Agafay desert is an option for you but dont expect sand dunes, check the reviews here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293734-d6766…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mix of desert and Marrakech

Today is glorious - blue skies and max 21C. It's going to cool though this week, with some showers. Next week could be different again so keep an eye on the forecast - it's mostly t-shirt weather here at this time of year.

5. Re: mix of desert and Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:19