We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Camberley, England...
Level Contributor
245 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Cafes on Jemaa el fna

When I was last in Marrakech I didn't get to sit in one of the cafes over looking the Square at sunset. I'm back in Marrakech mid February for five days:))) any recommendations of which cafes to sit with a mint tea and spent time people watching........Many thanks for any info :):):)

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Café du Grand Balcon and Terraces de l'Alhambra spring to mind. There are several others. The snack café Toubkal is cheap and cheerful too!

Camberley, England...
Level Contributor
245 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Thanks very much Pilobolus:)

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Hi,

Café de France has great views (but terrible food!) though just for a mint tea.

northern NJ
Level Contributor
181 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Just confirming that it is not possible to have a view of Jemma el Fna square from a place that serves alcohol. .

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Actually AKR1 you are wrong;

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293734-d9…

serves alcohol and has a great view of the square (though the OP didn't even mention alcohol?)

Edited: 02 February 2014, 00:29
England, United...
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

I find I spend an awful lot of my visits to Marrakech sitting on the lower terrace of Café Glacier enjoying their mint tea and watching the world go by. They also have a rooftop seating/viewing area which seems very popular but I've never been up there.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Café du Grand Balcon = Café Glacier. There is sometimes a bit of a scramble for the best seats on the terrace especially as the sun sets and the food stalls appear (head for the furthest corner for the best views). And despite a recent review they do serve coffee (try the nus-nus - half 'n half!)

Camberley, England...
Level Contributor
245 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

Thanks very much for all your comments, have decided to visit each café suggested! to assess views and drink gallons of lovely mint tea, excited!;).....

9. Re: Cafes on Jemaa el fna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:20