We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

feedbacks on our plan please

uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
feedbacks on our plan please

we made up the following plan after some research, this will give some ideas what we would like to do for our 7 days in morocco. please advice if the route will work or if there is a better alternative ,anything I shouldn't miss seeing along the way?

day 1 - arrive marrakech, stay in riad, see the square at night.

day 2 - explore marrakech

day 3 - travel to imlil from Marrackech, leave luggage at hotel,trek the mountain and nearby berber village to experience the local culture. stay overnight at imlil.

day 4 - a trip towards Ouarzazate to visit Ait Benhaddou kasbah,spend time to walk around and admire it. stay overnight nearby.

day 5 - travel to the desert. with camel ride to the camp and stay overnight in the desert! not sure how long it take from Ouarzazate to the actual desert.

day 6 - after seeing the sun rise from the sand dunes, breakfast and possibly a shower (one of the tour company said a shower at a hostel is possible) before heading back to Marrackech.

day 7 - depends how tired we feel, might visit essaouira and stay over night there, or stay in Marrakech.

day 8 and 9 - fly home

would also like to visit the Kasbah of Telouet, but not sure which day is best to fit it in? we will need a tour guide from day 3 to day 6, shall I get tour guide from Marrakech, or from imlil? are their prices similar? we are capable to get a taxi to imlil ourselves, but not sure if there are any guides from imlil to take us to the desert and back to Marrakech? which way would be less expensive? some tours suggest going to desert first, not sure if good idea to do mountain after such long journey from desert, might just want to chill out afterward. How cold is the desert at night in april? we like to be prepare for clothing.

we are very excited but our knowledge is limited with the area,really needed some advice :) thanks x

1. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 19:33
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

Hi again,

You only have 7 days In Morocco. Forget the desert or make it your only destination.

As you arrive and depart from Marrakech why not just relax, base yourselves there, have an overnight stay in Essaouira, a day trip in the mountains and call it a good visit? I think you are trying to cram too much into a very short holiday. Sorry.

Poster number 1 has been promoting this company all over the place and most of their posts have been removed so be cautious.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

babycashew - that is too much for just 7 days. You can manage Marrakech and a roundtrip to the desert or Marrakech/Essaouira/Imlil - take your pick

on a side note I dont see much wrong with Post1 - just because people want to recommend a company they used, it doesnt make them touts - too many post with good info are deleted from here and it ruins the forum.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 00:40
uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

ok, got a bit more details from tour companies regarding the long drive back from desert. not too keen with the 10 hours drive back from desert to Marrakech with kids. so bye bye to desert, and need to think of a plan B. any suggestions? any near by village to imlil that we might get to see a bit more of village life? thanks for all the advice, but I think I would go for the desert if we are not with the kids, saying that, a desert trip would be a wonderful experience for them.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

A thing to know about Morocco is that things are not as close as their distance implies. After having spent the last 3 weeks in Morocco I would drop Marrakech, ouzezate and Ait benhadou as they were pretty poor representations of Morocco. Imlil and toubkal are excellent though and well with the visit, as is the desert. Essaouira was a great place to visit and relax. It all comes down to what you want out of Morocco. For me I wanted to experience the landscape and meet people and I did, out of the cities.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

Most of their posts regarding Morocco you mean. Their posts and reviews from Australia are still there. I guess they were a little too enthusiastic about the company they used when traveling in Morocco.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,886 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

It was good decision to skip the desert. But if you and your kids want to see a little of the desert, you can do one trip to Agafay desert. It is located near Marrakech approx 60 min by car, it is not sand dunes but sandy desert anyway and if you want to ride camel, you can do it there too.

cadiz
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

you must make the effort to go to Essaouira. Buy sea food at the port and take to a local restaurant and they will cook it for you.. Had the biggest crab I have ever seen, took an hour to eat, amazing for 10 euros. Great music bar in the evening is on corner overlooking main square in Medina

cadiz
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

you must go to Essouira. Go to port and buy fresh sea food and take to any nearby reatautant and theyy cook it for you. Had the best crab i have ever tasted, Huge crab that took an hour to eat 10 euros. If you want wine, get a taxi from Medina to local wine shop in town (10d or one euro) for taxi ride and you save a bundke, Bottle costs 14 euros as opposed to 4 times a s much in the port restaurants

Marrakech, Morocco
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: feedbacks on our plan please

There is no desert near Marrakech you sould go to Zagora at lest or Merzouga

Agafar is not desert I never hear about that around Marrakech only stone and montains no desert at all