We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time, Riad or Hotel?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
First time, Riad or Hotel?

I have absolutely no idea about this place but I do know I want a luxury hotel or Riad but I just don't know which?

I may go alone so I'm worried about getting lost.....

Help!!! Don't know what to book.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time, Riad or Hotel?

Hi, i have the same problem. We are going to Morocco for the first time later this year and i have heard and read so many negative things about the Medina's (the constant harrassement and trying to rip off tourists) that we have decided to stay at a four star hotel within walking distance of the train station. There is a bus nearby that will take you straight to the medina for very little money. The hotel is called The Amani Apartment Hotel and has mainly only positive reviews. They also have little kitchenettes that you can prepare a meal if you are so inclined. We are staying in a Raid in Fez and Meknes, but i believe that Marrakech is the most aggressive of all of them so we are not prepared to take the risk of being harrassed all the time.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time, Riad or Hotel?

Hi,

Sorry you feel that way having never visited Morocco and I hope you are not disappointed by Fes as most people I speak to who have spent time in both find Marrakech easier to find their way around, far less aggressive and more tourist friendly.

13. Re: First time, Riad or Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28