We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Hello! I will be traveling to Marrakech in mid-April. Does anyone have recommendations on weather appropriate attire? Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hello,

I know this isn’t an exciting answer, but accuweather.com will be able to give you pretty accurate weather. You will probably be comfortable in shorts or slacks and short sleeves for the day, and maybe an extra layer at night. I don’t think it will be hot enough to need to go swimming to cool off, but it might be warm enough to enjoy the pool during the heat of the day if you hotel has one.

Enjoy your trip!

Becky

www.75-and-sunny.com

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Impossible to predict that far ahead.

Here in Taroudant where weather is usually similar to Marrakech, the predicted high for today is 31C, tomorrow 32!

Last year on March 6th, we had a high of 20C.

Jen, it would be best to check the weather a couple days before you come, and while you are packing.

I use this website:

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

Edited: 06 March 2014, 11:18
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

The average high temperature in April is 26 degrees Celsius with a historical range of 14 C to 37 C. This falls to an average low of 13 C with a historical range of 3 C to 21 C. Statistics show that it’s mostly sunny with a 9% chance of a cloudy day. Bringing layers of lightweight clothing solves the daytime/evening question.

Also see "Clothing for Female Travellers in Marrakech/Morocco" under top questions (top right of screen).

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Yes, I had checked accuweather & the range was so large I thought I'd ask. Any of these temps are still better than the winter we've had here in Chicago! Thanks everyone for your advice!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

It will be tropical compared to Chicago. Enjoy your trip, and thaw out a little!

Becky

www.75-and-sunny.com

Brighton, England...
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

We have just got home today. The weather was 30 degrees almost everyday so will only get hotter!

Have a great time

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

It wasn't. The high daytime temperatures reached 21/22 degrees Celsius all week only hitting 30 degrees today. Another person believing the bank displays I'm afraid. And it is due to become a little cooler in the next week according to forecasts.

Bimingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

It is like looking into a crystal ball. I am going to Marrakech in a weeks time. I've been looking at the weather too and it appears to fluctuate. I think it looks like it'll be a little cooler for me, I don't mind, but as long as I can use the swimming pool then I don't care. I hope the swimming pool is warm, as I hear they are not heated in Marrakech.

9. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18