We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes in Marrakech - March

Bimingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Hi All

I travel to Marrakech next Friday and want to know what the current situation is with the amount of mosquitoes.

As I tend to be quite popular for mosquitoes (they can't get enough of me!), I would like to know if there are only a few to worry about or if there are lots of them around at the moment.

I'm usually well prepared, but don't want to pack my MAX DEET if it is not necessary, so I can save on my space and weight allowance.

Thanks all in advance!

Brighton, England...
Level Contributor
27 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Hi,

We have just got back today and did not see one mosquito

Have a great time

Bimingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Brilliant. Thank you!

Peterborough...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Mosquitoes? We have never been bitten in 4 years of visits during March/April I Marrakech nor in other places like Imlil in the mountains. Have a good time ,beware the sun is to be respected!! even in March.

Bimingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Thank you Keith b.

So, is the sun quite strong this time of the year then? I hope the weather is nice when we go. I hear the swimming pools are cold too, but surely with a bit of sun, they should warm up!

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

32C in Marrakech right now at 4 in the afternoon, but looks like down into the low 20s in the coming days.

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Sorry to disappoint folks but there are (a very few) mosquitoes in Marrakech at the moment. As a resident I have been aware of them for a couple of weeks. Some people are more likely to be pierced than others but no-one that I know find them a problem.

The sun can be very strong and if you are fair skinned then a high factor suncream is to be recommended. Water in hotel pools will remain cool but will provide a welcome relief from the force of the sun. Have a great holiday!

Bimingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Okay; thank you!

I'll take some spray just in case. Better to be safe than sorry!

Peterborough...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Hi Lisa Marie, The trick is to have a cold outdoor shower if available and use the steps to get in he pool, the pool water will be slightly wamer not by much but once you get going properly just keep going ,your body will adjust to the cool water. We have been 4 times and know very well how to deal with this issue, but it is a case of mind over matter,hope you can do it.We have noticed that by April 10th the water is definitely warmer up to 70f from early march which is 60f,all depend on the sunshine heat.Also how large the pool is. We go to the Golden Tulip Farah hotel President Kennedy Avenue.it has a large pool. 22mx18m approx. All the best from Keith B.

Bimingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

Thank you Keith B; very informative and much appreciated.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitoes in Marrakech – March

I am here now and I haven't been bitten yet. But I am allergic to the bites so I have been using repellant at night just in case. If it wasn't for the allergy I think I'd probably risk not using the spray. Pools cold unless they are heated.